X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
    So besides the oil passages missing, there's no difference in the actual head between the the i an eta? I was under the impression I needed the whole i head.
    The seta head and the I head are both the same 885 casting but different cams. An eta engine has a different head entirely, with smaller valves, and much smaller ports.

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
    So besides the oil passages missing, there's no difference in the actual head between the the i an eta? I was under the impression I needed the whole i head.
    There is most definitely a difference. I think they were referring to the super eta (seta) engine from an '88 model 325e(S). That engine comes with the 885 head-- the one found on the 325i m20b25, but doesn't contain many of the high performance head parts.

If you want to do a proper 2.7i, you have to make sure you have an 885 head with supporting components, and a stroked or m20b27 bottom end.

Leave a comment:

• Liquidity
    replied
    Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
    I ran single valve spring in my 2.7i until I was ready to install the i cam, i valve springs, head gasket, and drill 3 extra oil passages in the eta head for the i cam.

Leave a comment:

• BMW B3 2.5
    replied
    Great write up

Leave a comment:

• Steve Corbett
    replied
    I currently have an 89 328I auto daily driver. Picked up a spare 89 325I engine with a lot less miles. I also have a wrecked 83 528E 5 speed. Am I reading this correctly, I can use the E28 block, pistons with (E28) 5 speed trans and use the I head, intake, rods and electronics? I will need to use the E30 transmission cross member.

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    You're absolutely right

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    You are correct

Leave a comment:

• Regnar75
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    I assumed he has a complete 885 head but good thing to mention. In my personal opinion, the valve springs and cam are not optional. I mean they are, but they're such necessary parts to really bring the build to fruition.
    i agree. but IIRC the SETA doesnt come with I cam or dual valve springs it is just the head casting in 885 (intake exhaust port size) unless im mistaken on that.

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    I assumed he has a complete 885 head but good thing to mention. In my personal opinion, the valve springs and cam are not optional. I mean they are, but they're such necessary parts to really bring the build to fruition.

Leave a comment:

• Regnar75
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    just get the ECU and you're good to go!

Parts list for the 1988 super eta, seta

Parts Needed:
    i intake manifold, i 173ecu(computer in glove box)

Optional Parts:
    i cam, i double valve springs, i dual exhaust, i radiator and expansion tank, i single fuel pump fuel tank and fuel lines, i flywheel, i transmission with drive-shaft(Must use original center support bearing), i differential(4.10 from ix), i brake booster, i 90amp alternator
    yes ECU. and i would highly recommend the I cam (or aftermarket since youll be saving money on all the parts you wont need to buy with the seta :) I exhaust I dual valve springs and differential. also make sure you read a bit more on the first page

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    just get the ECU and you're good to go!

Parts list for the 1988 super eta, seta

Parts Needed:
    i intake manifold, i 173ecu(computer in glove box)

Optional Parts:
    i cam, i double valve springs, i dual exhaust, i radiator and expansion tank, i single fuel pump fuel tank and fuel lines, i flywheel, i transmission with drive-shaft(Must use original center support bearing), i differential(4.10 from ix), i brake booster, i 90amp alternator
    Last edited by squidmaster; 01-23-2014, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sw96
    replied
    I'm collecting parts to put an i head on my 88 325e. So far I have an i head, intake manifold, throttle body, iac, intake boot, and afm. I'm aware that I need to replace the glovebox computer.

What else do I need for the swap? Since my car is an 88 with the seta motor I know things are a bit different (and I'm hoping simpler) for this swap.

Leave a comment:

• renegad30ffunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    I wires

Perfect. Just double checking, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    I wires

Leave a comment:

• renegad30ffunk
    replied
    Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
    1982-1986 325,e,es[/U]
    Notes For 1982-1985: Use this diagram to connect 1.1/1.3 Motronic harness to body harness. http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...85318iC101.jpg

Parts Needed:
    i intake manifold, i throttle body, i injectors, i AFM(air fuel module), i FPR(fuel pressure regulator 3.0bar), all i pulleys(fan, water pump, crankshaft), i belts, i thermostat housing, i 173ecu(computer in glove box), all 1.1/1.3 Motronic harness and sensors, spark plug wires

Optional Parts:
    i double valve springs, i valve cover, i duel exhaust, i radiator and expansion tank, i single fuel pump fuel tank and fuel lines, i flywheel, i transmission with drive-shaft(Must use original center support bearing), i differential(4.10 from ix), i brake booster, i 90amp alternator[U]
    I need to replace my spark plugs and spark plug wires on my 86 325es with 885 head. Do I use e/es plugs and wires or i?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X