This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Yeah, but this is R3V. We are supposed to be cheap, see?
    that would be cheap actually....alot cheaper than custom rods or pistons atleast
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

a 220k 2.7 liter with modded e head, 283 cam and springs, 1.3 conversion with m30 afm, 19lb injectors, markd chip, and fan delete made 145rwhp, 145 torque.

as many mods as this car has it feels slow compared to my friend's identical 2.7 set-up, only with i cam, stock injectors, afm and jim c chip.

goes to show that unless you do serious headwork stock parts work to make you power, the i cam is perfect for the 2.7i conversion with all e parts.
      Old and improved:

Comment

So your buddies car is basically a stock "i" car with a 2.7 crank/rods/pistons + JimC chip, right?

Do you guys live in an areas where you have to have you cars smog tested? I need the emissions stats on his car...PLEASE post or PM them to me if possible!

Exhaust specs too, please!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

both cars use ALL e castings.. stock e blocks and e heads with port work and different cam.

Emissions are no problem. I had original convertor on my set-up (with about 400,000 miles) and a 274 cam loping like mad and still went through smog, albeit right at the legal limit. A convertor will less miles will be more than adequate, my car smelled like a tractor with that useless thing.
          Old and improved:

Comment

I'm getting involved in this swap and am curious as to if i have to switch fuel tanks/pumps? Somehow i don't think motronic will care how the engine is getting fuel?

Comment

that was addressed several times in this thread. ive still have my original fuel pumps with 1.3 swap and the m50. does not matter about the pumps.
              Old and improved:

Comment

I would think it would be easier to swap out to a larger external pump if you had the early "2 pump" setup...should the need arise, like if turbo happened.

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Im pretty sure there is a pick-up pump in the tank and a main pump outside on all e30s.
                  Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                    Im pretty sure there is a pick-up pump in the tank and a main pump outside on all e30s.
                    You confuse me EtaSport I thought you knew that all 88-92 e30's except M3 have one in tank fuel pump and that is it.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

to clear this up for myself, even though i read this whole thread, i have a 2.7 with an "i" head, a shrick "290" cam, lightweight flywheel, headers, a "173" ecu, and it will have a jimc chip when i install this motor. how much power should this make?, and what might it run in the quarter with a 4.10lsd?
                      Originally posted by BillBrasky
                      That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                      Originally posted by acolella76
                      i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                      2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                      1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                      1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                      Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

yea, my bad. late models dont have two pumps. I've just never dealt with them, so i had to check.
                        Last edited by EtaSport; 03-19-2008, 03:51 PM.
                        Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
                          to clear this up for myself, even though i read this whole thread, i have a 2.7 with an "i" head, a shrick "290" cam, lightweight flywheel, headers, a "173" ecu, and it will have a jimc chip when i install this motor. how much power should this make?, and what might it run in the quarter with a 4.10lsd?
                          since when have schrick made a 290 for the M20?
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

i bought the motor in this condition from another e30 guy, this is what he told me about it. it may be the 289 cam, or maybe he was mistaken. any way to check without removing the cam?

from what i understand and have read, shrick makes a 287, 289, and a 292, so it can't be a 290.

is there a part number on the cam i can see without removing anything but the valve cover?
                            Last edited by ieatpeople; 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM.
                            Originally posted by BillBrasky
                            That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                            Originally posted by acolella76
                            i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                            2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                            1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                            1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                            Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

so i went to the pick n pull yesterday and i found an 06/87 528e and its the super eta. are there any parts that i can use off of it to make the computer upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerboy91 View Post
                                so i went to the pick n pull yesterday and i found an 06/87 528e and its the super eta. are there any parts that i can use off of it to make the computer upgrade?
                                Im guessing you want to upgrade your 87 325 to 1.3?

If so then what you want to do is get the 528e 2.7 short block or just the seta pistons and find an 885 i head and put it on the seta short block with all i parts and motronics.

If the 528e has a toothed crank pulley then grab the pulleys and ecu.

If you would take some pictures of your 87 and the 528e It would make it easier for me to tell you what you already have and what you need.

If the 528e head has holes allready drilled for an i cam then get the head also and put an i cam with springs in and you will be good to go with all i parts and motronics
                                You have to forgive me I dont have an 87 which is the year when parts are different then 86 and 88 so let me know if your 87 has a toothed crank and if so where is your cps located.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                                X