Late model pump with early system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model pump with early system?

So i started a rather big job for myself by changing my water pump and timing equipment and i didnt pay attention when ordering the pump. I have a late model pump and an early model system. I was wondering if anyone had used metal pipe and couplers to replicate the T in the pump or if anyone has welder a second opening for the t onto the pump. Might be important to note that its an 87 325is

I would just get the right pump.

Comment

A little late for thay

Comment

Do you have the late model pump with the carrier? if so, it doesn't have a nipple for the return on it as the later models had it on the tank and I don't know if the late model pump can be retrofitted to the early style carrier but that's what you would need to do. I am currently running a TRE/Walbro on my M3 and 323i, both of which had a dual pump setup stock. I just by passed the main pump under the car and retrofitted a high flow pump in the early style carrier.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I think he means water pump. As said just buy the correct one. they aren't expensive and return the other or resell it
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            Do you have the late model pump with the carrier? if so, it doesn't have a nipple for the return on it as the later models had it on the tank and I don't know if the late model pump can be retrofitted to the early style carrier but that's what you would need to do. I am currently running a TRE/Walbro on my M3 and 323i, both of which had a dual pump setup stock. I just by passed the main pump under the car and retrofitted a high flow pump in the early style carrier.
            It looks like it would be very simple to just put a t in the hose leading to it. It would replicate what the nipple on the pump does. Only thing different would be how far down the line it is

Comment

Working...
            X