m30b35 supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Don't need to go full serpentine. Just use a ribbed belt, tensioner and add a second pulley for the front of the v-belt crank pulley.

This.

Keep it simple and bolt on.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Don't need to go full serpentine. Just use a ribbed belt, tensioner and add a second pulley for the front of the v-belt crank pulley.
      100% correct. I dont get all these questions from OP ... if you have really read my build like you say you did, you can clearly see how its done. I have full pictures of everything...lol... copy it that's all dont make it more complicated then it needs to be.;)

First start by building braket and tensioner setup and make sure all fits properly under the hood and that the belt is aligned...etc..that is THE most important things.

Do a diagram of how pipes are going to run, etc... concentrate on these for now you got work to do, the rest is details.
      Denny

Blogs:
      http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
      http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
      http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

What fun is that! I am known not to take the easy road... :D

And with AC!! without AC it would be much simpler routing...

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
          What fun is that! I am known not to take the easy road... :D

And with AC!! without AC it would be much simpler routing...
          Well, specially seeing you didn't incorporate the S/C into the serpentine belt, that was totally unnecessary, not saying it isn't cool because it totally is, but I like the KISS rule.

Yeah I get made fun of from the local track rats because I have power steering and A/C, but cummon, I drive a BMW and like to feel like I do lol.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I found you don't have many options if you are running the PS and AC pulley you run out of room to add another pulley for the SC so I opted to bundle them up. And running a SC on a v-belt doesn't work well unless running a double v-belt.
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
            4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

I spoke with Byron who mentioned the idea of moving the alternator where the A/C goes and putting the SC where the alternator was if that helps ...
              Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

cant wait for the build thread....
                1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                Originally posted by ak-
                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

from e30tech...

Originally posted by bwaterman_m20b23
                    I'm going to bump this now that I have one...
                    The car in the youtube video is stupidly noisy and burnouts are not a show of power, also I would be surprised if the bonnet still fits on the car.

On a side note, if you go centrifugal you may as well go turbo, it's more efficient and boost will kick in earlier. A proper supercharger should produce boost almost immediately and last until redline.

My (done by the PO) set-up is a whipple twin-screw bolted to a modified oe intake manifold. It produces almost no noise and I use about the same amount of fuel as a standard m30 powered 535 around town. Its running 10psi with Autronic SMC Sequential injection, its still in the tuning stage, but power is estimated at 300whp and the PO has a time slip for 13.50sec 1/4. It needs a lot of tidying but it's getting there.

The oil filter is an issue for me also but I'm in the process of changing to a remote-mount spin-on filter.
                    Originally posted by bwaterman_m20b23 View Post
                    The intake work is done now and a remote oil filter is mounted behind the LHS headlights.

It's still a bit hard to see but the blower runs off a 6rib belt and has a tensioner just under the pulley.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X