M30 with RHD ITB - Dyno Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post

Cool - yes, that's what I've always said to the doubters over the years. If you drive with some mechanical sympathy, the G240 works well with the M30 - mine's now run for more than 8 years. The most fun diff in my swap was a 3.73, the 3.64 would be similar. The G240 has slightly longer gears for first, second and third than the G260, so the shorter diffs work fine. I currently run a 3.25 LSD, which is also good, but less fun than the 3.73 - more like a factory one would have been.
    Great to hear about your experience about G240! :)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MiWision View Post

It feels like you do not think the effect figures are reasonable because you question them?

If we count whp, we had 246.1 whp / 311.2 wnm.

We had an intake temperature of 55 degrees Celsius at the end of the day on the dyno, so we feel very happy with the result.

The reason for our figures is due to four main factors:

* Our design on camshaft, which gives 5.5mm more lift than the original and 2.5mm lift than other camshafts on the market
        * A very good engine management
        * Good harmony on the parts chosen for this setup, this is the reason why we have a good power band
        * A broad knowledge of the person who did all the tuning on the dyno

Our goal was to get a wide register with a lot of driveability, which the engine currently has.
        its not about doubting them its about understanding what they are. most people here deal with whp so it just needed to be clarified. those numbers are not even remotely unreasonable in fact i probably would expected a bit more power
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Gorgeous. Any vids?

Comment

Nice to see a comparison run with RHD ITB’s on an m30, run in tune on mine this past Saturday made 191whp & 143lb/ft. I’ve got a track day shake down coming in the next few weeks & then headed back to dyno again after the head has had a run in & I’ve fixed the parasitic brake drag on the rear(hand brake needs adjusting)

I’ve got a factory b35 bottom end, but a flowed/ported head, 294/294 cam with 9.4mm lift & 80mm long runners currently

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
              Nice to see a comparison run with RHD ITB’s on an m30, run in tune on mine this past Saturday made 191whp & 143lb/ft. I’ve got a track day shake down coming in the next few weeks & then headed back to dyno again after the head has had a run in & I’ve fixed the parasitic brake drag on the rear(hand brake needs adjusting)

I’ve got a factory b35 bottom end, but a flowed/ported head, 294/294 cam with 9.4mm lift & 80mm long runners currently
              You should update your thread ?
              It’ll be interesting to see where it ends up when all is said and done ( I’m guessing the torque is a typo? ). that’s a very oddball cam isn’t it with such a low lift
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by MiWision View Post

It feels like you do not think the effect figures are reasonable because you question them?

If we count whp, we had 246.1 whp / 311.2 wnm.
                A standard for my Realm is Dynojet WHP, SAE correction.

And all dyno's read different, I just took it as understanding the variable of other dyno to communicate on the same level.

Be nice if someone made a conversion calculator for dynos.

I wonder what it would dyno on stock intake manifold and 93.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Any videos?

Comment

Working...
                  X