Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k24a2 swap

Has anyone here done one yet?

I picked up the kit from kpower (https://kpower.industries/collection...0-swap-package)

Here is a link to the instruction manual if anyone want to look:

The kit has really nicely machined parts, but it isn't a complete kit. There are some things that still need to be bought outside (fueling, clutch, ECU+tune, few misc things). The rough weight loss is about 150lbs between the motors, and the k24 is set back closer to the firewall. I am using the 260 tranny, but you can use the ZF out of the e36 if you wanted to. Also, the gauges will still work (with a new 4 cylinder plug) but you can have an 8k red line.

50kish miles k24 ($899)

Click image for larger version  Name:	e30 swap.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	9978128

M20 removed

Click image for larger version  Name:	missing engine.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	9978129
    Last edited by Michael Star; 03-17-2021, 12:59 PM.

What is he plan for engine management?

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
      What is he plan for engine management?
      Hondata with an RSX ecu. The kit comes with the needed wiring to plug and play

Comment

Very interested. Subscribed!

Comment

Kit looks pretty good overall. What fueling things does it need still?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Kit looks pretty good overall. What fueling things does it need still?
            Different fuel rail, fpr and fuel pump. Nothing too crazy but you do have to current the returnless k24 to a return style system. They say that you can use the factory pump, but I really don't want to trust a 30 year old pump when a walbro 255 is a little over $100.

Comment

Good stuff, I've been eyeing this ever since they had their announcement thread on here that they were working on the kit.

Do you have any plans for AC? Have a line on the electric power steering? Or has kpower said yet when their solution will be available?
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                Good stuff, I've been eyeing this ever since they had their announcement thread on here that they were working on the kit.

Do you have any plans for AC? Have a line on the electric power steering? Or has kpower said yet when their solution will be available?
                They say that you can either run a/c or power steering with what comes with the kit. My a/c stopped working years ago, and I went with a power steering delete kit to keep things simple. If my steering is too hard, I might put the power steering back on, but I have a vert, and worst case I will drop the top if it is too hot :)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Star View Post

They say that you can either run a/c or power steering with what comes with the kit. My a/c stopped working years ago, and I went with a power steering delete kit to keep things simple. If my steering is too hard, I might put the power steering back on, but I have a vert, and worst case I will drop the top if it is too hot :)
                  Gotcha, whenever I can get another E30, this swap is the one I'm leaning towards. But living in Arizona... I need AC and would like PS too, so hopefully by the time I'm in position having both will be rather simple or included in the kit options.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

How is your swap going? Does your header fit well? I'm in the progress of a K24 swap using the KPower kit and my most fore and aft bolts for the header don't line up and the outlet of the header hits the body.

I also have to pull the engine off the mounts and pull it forward so I can clearance the firewall for the heater hose and coolant neck outlet. I wish they would have made the engine sit 1/2" to 1" further forward.

Comment

Actually life got in the way (doesn't that always happen?). I will be looking to part my car out here shortly on the forum. The kit is brand new and never installed.

Comment

Did you fair ok with the bad weather that came through?

Bummer to hear on the project.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Star View Post
                          Actually life got in the way (doesn't that always happen?). I will be looking to part my car out here shortly on the forum. The kit is brand new and never installed.
                          Thats a bummer!.. Life does happen, I think we can all relate to that
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                            Did you fair ok with the bad weather that came through?

Bummer to hear on the project.
                            Ya we were really lucky as it was a mile or so from where I live

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Thats a bummer!.. Life does happen, I think we can all relate to that
                              Yea, my wife is trying to convince me to just keep it so I can work on it at a later time, but it just takes up so much room!

Comment

Working...
                              X