Tank rubber fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank rubber fuel line

I am about to replace all rubber fuel lines by a tank and fuel filter. BMW dealers and other resellers ( FCP Euro, ECS, etc ) sell it by 1 meter length (39.3 inches). Based on below post and pictures attached at the bottom of the post. A fuel line coming from a fuel pump to a hard line is about 43 inches. 43 inches converts to 1.09 meter. Would 1 meter be enough or I need to source a longer fuel line from somewhere else? If anyone has replaced that line just recently and could confirm whether 1 meter will be enough, that would be great. If 1 meter in not enough, can someone recommend any alternative place where I can purchase that fuel line in length longer than 1 meter and also having same specs as the OEM line?

Thank you

If you order more than one meter it should come as a contiguous piece, not two individual meter sections. Normally sellers just pull it off of a spool to fill an order.

Comment

Just 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 meters from ECS. What arrived was 2 separate 1 meter pieces...so stupid. Call whichever business you plan to order from and make sure that they will not cut it. You definitely need a little more than 1 meter to replace the rubber fuel return line at the tank. Maybe buy 3 meters and replace all of the rubber lines on the car while you are at it.

I just reordered from getBMWParts.com and put a note in to leave it a single continuous piece. We'll see what arrives. That is where I do 90% of my parts ordering from and they have always been great, on top of having the best prices on OEM parts.

AutoZone sells Continental high pressure fuel hose. 5/16" size will fit just fine. The only difference is that the OD is a little larger, but it is quality stuff. IMO fuel lines should be replaced every 5 years anyway.
      Last edited by bmwman91; 06-25-2022, 04:41 PM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thank you both , roguetoaster and bmwman91 for a quick reply.

bmwman91, thanks for the heads up about ECS as that was the place I was going to order from. I will call other resellers and ask for a single continuous piece.

Comment

Just a quick update, I have called ECS and FCP Euro, they all sell it by 1 meter piece and would not be able to send me one continuous 2 meter piece. Also, I have called a few local BMW dealers and they do not have it in stock, when I asked if they would be able to order it as one continuous 2 meter piece they were not sure of knew how to even find out. ECS or FCP Euro sell 1 meter anywhere between $36-39 . A few local dealers quoted me anywhere between $75-82 for 1 meter. I guess I will probably go with Continental high pressure fuel hose 5/16 from AutoZone.

Comment

Man, these cars are continuing to get harder to find basic stuff for.

Continental and Gates both make good hose. There was a bit of a discussion on the topic in here:

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by gooseman View Post
              Just a quick update, I have called ECS and FCP Euro, they all sell it by 1 meter piece and would not be able to send me one continuous 2 meter piece. Also, I have called a few local BMW dealers and they do not have it in stock, when I asked if they would be able to order it as one continuous 2 meter piece they were not sure of knew how to even find out. ECS or FCP Euro sell 1 meter anywhere between $36-39 . A few local dealers quoted me anywhere between $75-82 for 1 meter. I guess I will probably go with Continental high pressure fuel hose 5/16 from AutoZone.
              Sheesh.

Yeah, 5/16 or 8mm high pressure is surprisingly hard to find, and the whole we don't sell it in more than 1m sections is so silly. Maybe order a spool of 20-50 feet online for the same price as 3 meters?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                I just reordered from getBMWParts.com and put a note in to leave it a single continuous piece. We'll see what arrives. That is where I do 90% of my parts ordering from and they have always been great, on top of having the best prices on OEM parts.
                That's a hot tip for that website!
                Canadian BMW dealerships are always $$$$$$ for OEM parts. I usually order from Pelican but you pay a premium for the parts and shipping.

Just placed a "test" order with getbmwparts and they wanted under $10usd for shipping. Will see if I get hit with duties etc.

EDIT: They cancelled my order, won't ship to Canada. :/
                Last edited by Panici; 06-29-2022, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Today I stopped by my local AutoZone store. I asked about Continental high pressure fuel hose 5/16, person that was helping me showed me the hose but it did not say anywhere on the host Continental or brand name. Label on the spool said Armor Mark, if you take a closer look at the picture on below link, it also says Armor Mark. Does anyone know if that is rebranded Continental hose, and if it is still good quality?

Comment

You often get label crossover or one manufacturer using another's product for whatever reason. I assume that Armor Mark is a house supply brand for auto parts vendors, that may or may not be made by Conti.

Could also give rockauto a check for fuel line in their universal section, but expect to pay a bit for shipping.

Comment

I have found Gates 27348 Barricade Fuel Injection on Amazon, little more than what I need but the price seems ok. If anyone could confirm that this is what I need as well as if it is decent quality before I place the order that would be great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
                      Last edited by gooseman; 06-30-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

No, SAE 30R14T2 indicates 50psi max recommended pressure. If ever unsure of the spec of the line just search the SAE standard number printed on the casing.

Comment

You need Gates 27340 5/16" X 25 FT BARRICADE MPI FUEL
                          https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p...219-06039.html

25 ft (7 meters) should be enough for the whole fuel system. The fuel lines that go to the engine are pretty long.

You should also buy 2 prebent BMW hoses around the fuel filter (IN and OUT).

Comment

Thank you all for your input and help.

Comment

I checked my records.

I bought this hose GATES 27335 by feet from Rockauto.
                              It came as one piece in a cardbox.
                              https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ga...e+/+hose,11224
                              Last edited by Vincenze; 06-30-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X