No announcement yet.

Tank rubber fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, well getBMWParts sent me two 1 meter pieces lol. I guess OEM is no longer an option. Once again I get to eat the cost of return shipping.

I'll give the Gates stuff a try. The price is certainly right, and it sounds like it is a reputable brand to use.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Based on below PDF, Gates 27335,27340,27348 are the same 5/16 hoses that are rated at 225 PSI.

27335 - retail 2 ft
      27348 - 15 ft spool
      27340- 25 ft spool

If you need a few ft, RockAuto has a good price, if you need more, you might be better off getting a whole spool from Amazon, especially if you have Prime that way you do not get charged for shipping.

Comment

Perfect timing on the thread, I am currently in process of simplifying the mess under the intake, and other proximal updates. THANKS!
        Just ordered Gates 27348 Barricade Fuel Injection Hose-15' Length, Inner Diameter 5/16" from Amazon I plan to replace all soft fuel lines in my E30 and E46.
        ~$55 +tax, delivery thru Prime targeted tomorrow! DONE
        Incidentally,
        27348 - 15 ft spool - shows country of origin = USA
        27340- 25 ft spool- shows country of origin = China, picture shows "made in mexico".

Comment

But it will kink (as any other hose) if you bend it. So, buy the hoses to and from the fuel filter from BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
            But it will kink (as any other hose) if you bend it. So, buy the hoses to and from the fuel filter from BMW.
            For lines you cannot buy, you can use some type of wire former inside straight hose, bend it to the needed shape (make the angles beyond what you need), heat the heck out if it in water then dunk in cold to set the shape. It wont work on all hose, and the bend types will produce differing results, but it does work to shape most hoses. That said, there is a potentially to damage/compromise hose during this process, so buy some extra hose to test first and be very careful/do not attempt if unsure.

You can also extend simple bend radii with more hose so you dont need to have a sharp transition, but you do need to secure that slack.

Comment

Originally posted by GarageBound View Post
              shows country of origin = China, picture shows "made in mexico".
              If it matters, I checked my 27335 hose and it says, "Made in USA".

---
              The bent hoses for a single fuel pump model.
              16121180399 $30
              16121180398 - this isn't even available. 16121180399 has a similar bend radius.

This video shows the hoses.
              Last edited by Vincenze; 07-02-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

So be it...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3325.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	10060719

Comment

Going through some threads for reviews on fuel line hose lead me here. The link to the Gates Barricade 27335 on Rock Auto says it is $27.99/foot, is that the current going rate? If so, that's $251.91 for 9 feet of hose. At that point genuine BMW hose from FCP with their lifetime replacement is the better option. Am I reading the Rock Auto website correctly?

Comment

I ordered Gates 27345. It has 4219BF printed on it as an alternative PN. A quick Google search seems to indicate that it is not readily available anymore. Weird.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

FYI - belmetric has all you need, very reputable, excellent service. Hose, nuts, bolts, etc.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but thats where I bought my hose - and yes it's a continuous piece.

Bel-Metric, BelMetric, Bel Metric, metric hardware, metric bolts, metric nuts, metric fasteners, time-sert, timesert, time sert, studs, screws, metric screws, fasteners, nuts, washers bolts, taps, drill bits, clamps, hoses, automotive supplies

Cheers,

Jason

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
                      1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
                      1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
                      2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

Comment

Jason, thanks for the link. How long have you been running the Flennor Germany fuel hose in your E30? How's it holding up to the ethanol?

Comment

Originally posted by eco325iX View Post
                          Jason, thanks for the link. How long have you been running the Flennor Germany fuel hose in your E30? How's it holding up to the ethanol?

It's been a year and a half now? No leaks/fumes noted..

Jason

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
                          1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
                          1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
                          2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

Comment

Jason, thanks for the update. I did some digging around the internet and found this write up from a mechanic in the VW community, he gave the Flennor German fuel hose a good review.

- Written By Steve Phillips for HotVWs Magazine - In this article I want to talk about fuel lines again. I touched on this in a previous article and told you that I was experimenting with a new German “Flennor” line. For those of you that missed that article or have a memory like me, I’ll give you a little refresher.

Comment

Further research on the Flennor German hose via the linked thread on the Volvo forum has lead me to the conclusion that the price was too good to be true and one should buy nice or buy twice, or even lose your vehicle or worse a potential loss of life in an automotive fire. I'll pay the premium and go with genuine BMW fuel hose for peace of mind.

Hey, wanted to post before I forget to. Possible warning about the Flennor fuel injection hoses I ordered from Belmetric. Rated for 150psi, the braided 8mm fuel rail back to fuel tank return line "burst". After 3 years and surprisingly using mostly non ethanol gas. Not sure if just a one off...

Comment

Working...
                              X