Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible ITB Goodness for the M42 Hooligans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible ITB Goodness for the M42 Hooligans?

So John at WOT-Tech (https://www.facebook.com/pages/WOT-Tech/356741317707642) is willing to put together an ITB kit for the M42. He's already got one available for M20 guys. I've borrowed some of his M20 pictures so you guys can see his work. Anyone thinking about ITB's for an M42? They can make up a kit for us if there's enough interest. Here's some of his pics I've borrowed from Facebook.

Attached Files
    Last edited by anthonymax007; 09-30-2014, 09:47 PM. Reason: Picture failz
    fried chicken

How much?

Comment

Originally posted by aintnothang View Post
      How much?
      He said the M20 kit is $2k-ish with tune, $1500-ish with raw parts. The M42 prices may be slightly less since there's less throttles.

I've sent him a link to the thread so he can answer any questions. He's on the East Coast so he probably won't see this till tomorrow though.
      Last edited by anthonymax007; 09-30-2014, 10:22 PM.
      fried chicken

Comment

The tune is something I could get behind as I don't know of a stock tune that can take advantages of the marginal gains of ITBs.

Comment

It alllllllll depends on how these puppies will affect the engine's powerband. The M42 definitely can't afford a mod that will make it even more top-end happy since it needs all the low/mid range help it can get to begin with.

A guy on M42Club is working with a former racecar engineer on an M42 ITB kit right now and keeping good low/mid range torque as a big priority. The famous dBilas kit that is out there seems to make for a top-end screamer so a lot of guys are excited about the possibility of another kit that doesn't do that.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

what do the power gains look like with his setup on the M20?

Comment

Stock high mile m20 made 174whp with the kit.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Stock high mile m20 made 174whp with the kit.
                Hmmm, seems pretty good to me. If you need an idependent tester I'll volunteer as I can compare it the dBilas ITB setup that I recently purchased and see what's what.

Comment

Hey roguetoaster, have you installed your dBilas kit yet? How does it affect the powerband? I hear a lot of different things!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Nope, have yet to do so. But when I get to it I'll be sure to post at least before and after videos.

Comment

That's one beautiful set up!
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I'd be interested in pricing but its probably going to be more than I can afford lol

-NICK

Comment

+1 for pricing on a kit with a tune! would be awesome to have some info!

Comment

Like this?

-Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Goodness, and I thought M42club was a bit dead. Guess I ought to check in every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                              X