dbilas ITBs with turbo, y/n?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dbilas ITBs with turbo, y/n?

Been offered some dbilas ITBs for cheap.
    Problem is, I'm planning on going turbo and it'd be a bit silly to spend the money and run with them for not long as I was under the impression they do not cope with boost.
    Is that impression correct, or once a plenum has been fabricated, will they actually work?
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Just a thought. If your relying on power from forced induction you should concentrate on higher boost levels and quicker spool which is more or less tinkered with on the exhaust side rather then intake/vaccuum, if anything your better off with a custom intake plenum/manifold if you dont think the stock one is up to the task. I imagine tuning might be a little rough especially at idle with an itb/turbo setup

Comment

ITBs will cost as much as going FI, for considerably less gain in power. ITBs are all about modifying the intake's resonance characteristics to improve power at the high end, and they can improve air flow across the board in some cases. So, they are really intended for NA applications in terms of the benefit they provide.

Spend your energy and money on a bomb-proof FI setup. Unless you have money to burn of course, in which case FI with ITBs would be cool lol.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

From what I've read, Dbilas ITBs are overpriced junk.

Comment

Yeah, I expected as much. I did want them just for the n/a sound while I build the turbo engine, but can't justify only having them for a few months.
          Thanks lads.

(I have been offered the remnants of a beast turbo setup, and will purchase it, so stay tuned for hairdryers)
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
          X