No announcement yet.

m20 clutch/FW conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the comments, I just got everything needed, hopefully car is running by this weekend
    praying the rattling isnt too bad i dont like any car making werid sounds

Comment

This is one of best upgrades to do to an m42 318i/318iS... pair it up with a markD chip and it'll make the car feel nice and peppy!!
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by reyesch3 View Post
        What clutch do your recommend?
        I can't recommend the cheap ebay clutch I bought, haven't had problems and it's holding fine with 16psi of boost, but I wouldn't recommend cheaping out on a clutch.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

I ordered the Sachs kit from Blunt. If you shoot him an email with what you want he can get it all packaged up for you.
          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

So I fitted everything in like it suppose too, but the flywheel doesn't clear, I think it's rubbing against the housing.

Do I need to machine or resurface the flywheel in order for it to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it was making some type of rubbing or grinding noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to double check; did you put the spacer ring off the M42 flywheel between the crank and the M20 flywheel?

Comment

yeah i forgot about that, its all good now. it took a little getting used too but

i got it up and running, feels a lot faster in those first gears, but then again i haven't driven the car in months.

Comment

Working...
                  X