Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in a conundrum... cooling... again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxmonster View Post
    So I installed a new all aluminum radiator and mounted the m20 exp tank and installed a electric fan as my clutch fan was going.
    the clutch fan is very important, when i swapped m20's last week I kept the fan off the engine and my car kept overheating, was trying to bleed it for ever and when I installed the fan my car was good to go. (my e34 m50 ran fine with the fan off,)

Comment

I swapped out the 2 temp sensors under the intake manifold yesterday. I never goes above I want to say 3/5 of the way between the half mark and the 3/4 mark. Maybe I have a 91c??? I could have sworn I switched mine out for a 88...

Comment

It would be inscribed on the fan switch.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          It would be inscribed on the fan switch.
          The one on the side of the rad?

I tapped my electric fan to its own aux power ran one of those "electric fan switch kits" that has a diode that goes on rad fins/ in coolant hose/ etc. Kicks on in between 1/4 and 1/2 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmonster View Post
            I swapped out the 2 temp sensors under the intake manifold yesterday. I never goes above I want to say 3/5 of the way between the half mark and the 3/4 mark. Maybe I have a 91c??? I could have sworn I switched mine out for a 88...
            my coolant temp gauge rarely goes above the 1/4 mark, thats even driving in 80f ambient temps.

today when i went to long beach it was 96f with stop and go on the freeway for 30min, the temp gauge went between the 1/4 and 1/2. i have only seen it reach the 1/2 mark one time in 10 years of ownership.

i'm going to switch out the thermostat next week, i live in redondo beach area, it's usually below 75f 10 months out of the year. Which thermostat should i go with?

Comment

Working...
            X