No announcement yet.

No more r3vtard assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the P/N for the 168 318ti style clutch packs, 23 toothed vs early 21?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Well shit!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        Well shit!
        Shit back at you; garbage in garbage out.

Realoem.com for BMW part numbers is pretty obvious :)
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

This may have to be taken to PM if we want to talk numbers but.....

I'd say I'm a few months away from really deciding what I need to do about my diff. I'm building a drift car, 2.7L seta, built, honed, decked o-ringed, custom twin scroll setup running a custom 7.25" tilton triple clutch etc.

I just got the pleasure of driving my buddies S14 with a full 2-way....man did it want to slide easy.

I don't claim to know a lot about diffs, setting them up etc. so I just come to the most knowledgeable source I know of.

Please Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Deleted
            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-10-2020, 07:28 AM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

What can you tell me about this Dinan 3.38 diff. I have? Is there anything special about it besides the non-standard 3.38 ring and pinion? Is there anyway you can tell if Dinan used a 4-clutch motorsport LSD or just the usual 2-clutch?

Here's a pic of the Dinan LSD

Here it is next to what I believe to be a oem 3.15 4-clutch LSD. The ring gear actually looks polished, or at least it's a lot cleaner than the 3.15's, and the teeth are shaped a little different?
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

^^ Much appreciated. My 3.15 has the S40 S25 markings, but it looks more like "S40 AS S25 A.Z."

[IMG][/IMG]

The Dinan 3.38's serial stamp ends in s25 only, so at least now I know they didn't start with a 4-clutch.
                  Last edited by robrez; 02-11-2015, 11:32 PM.
                  sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

deleted
                    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry this may have been already covered, but I didn't find a definitive answer.
                      I have a stock 3.73 that needed new clutches, dog ears are in great shape. I got 3 new OEM clutches from bmw and I need to get a new dog ear, should I get a 2.1 mm porsche or a stock 1.8mm size?
                      I saw in another post someone mentioning to put the two clutches on the ring side and one clutch on the other side, is that true? would that make it more balanced?

Thanks
                      LS1 91 325i - BC Coils, e46 m3 brakes,style 32 17x9, Red Plastidip, H/C/I

Comment

deleted

Comment

Digging up this thread for a couple of questions.

1. How would a diff with four discs (mild material), no preload and stock ramp angles perform?
                          2. What is the correct method of setting up non-springed lsd? How is the shimming done and what is the tolerance for free play in the stack? Will heat expansion cause the diff to lock more easily?

I'm pondering on a lsd setup for my car: Stock, 2 discs with added preload, 3 discs or four discs. I'm going on a budget so I think I'll try to avoid regrinding ramp angles. The diff is fora N/A street car with about 250 hp and 300 Nm. Mostly daily driver with possible occasional abuse. No track.
                          E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                            What can you tell me about this Dinan 3.38 diff. I have? Is there anything special about it besides the non-standard 3.38 ring and pinion? Is there anyway you can tell if Dinan used a 4-clutch motorsport LSD or just the usual 2-clutch?

Here's a pic of the Dinan LSD

Here it is next to what I believe to be a oem 3.15 4-clutch LSD. The ring gear actually looks polished, or at least it's a lot cleaner than the 3.15's, and the teeth are shaped a little different?
                            http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps6f269feb.jpg
                            It appears that the Dinan gears are REM polished. Unless there's something that says it's a Dinan produced gear, it's not non-standard. BMW used 3.38 in the E34 525iX, but with a funky hydraulic limited slip.

Comment

deleted

Comment

...and the PRO3 cars that put the OS Giken diff in seem to lose most of a second a lap,
                                pretty predictably.

One data point,
                                t
                                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                                X