Replacing output flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing output flange

Need to replace the output flange on my Getrag 260 and I need to know what other parts I'll need/ought to replace while I'm down there, anyone on here know? According to the Bentley, it looks like the lockplate gets mangled during removal. What about the securing plate, stop disk, and whatever #16 is in this picture?

and some anyone know where I could find some of this stuff? I found the securing plate easy enough, but can't find the lockplate anywhere.

I honestly don't remember having to change those when I swapped flanges a few years back.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Hmmm- #16 looks like your speedo drive gear... which certainly doesn't apply!

Nope, swap the flange and lockplate, and off you go. However, since you're in there,
      it seems silly not to swap the oil seal too. Pain to get out, much easier to install
      with the right size piece of PVC pipe...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        Hmmm- #16 looks like your speedo drive gear... which certainly doesn't apply!

Nope, swap the flange and lockplate, and off you go. However, since you're in there,
        it seems silly not to swap the oil seal too. Pain to get out, much easier to install
        with the right size piece of PVC pipe...

t
        Toby, do you know the part numbers for the lockplate and oil seal?

Comment

www.penskeparts.com would be where I would look...

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

do you know what the p# for the oil seal is?

Comment

Working...
            X