CV Axle installation tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Axle installation tool

Sometime ago someone mentioned an inexpensive tool that could be used to pull the axle thru the splines on the rear hub. It seem like it was the same thing that is used on a Ford. Does anyone know what this is. My axle does not want to slide thru the hub.

Try here: https://www.rtsauto.com/re-installin...w-porsche-etc/

"For cars that use M22 x 1.5 and M20 x 1.5 the following MUCH less expensive options are available.

KD Tools 3532 (M22 x 1.5) also available on ebay as a no name “Ford Front Hub Installer #3532” for $16.95 shipped:
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

As someone who had to swap a few axles the last few years, I can attest to the usefulness of that "Ford" puller tool. It essentially pulls the axle through the hub by the threads vs the brute force method of pounding on the axle joint/boot on the opposite end. Like with many specialty tools, it makes the job much easier. Well worth the money, even if you only change 2 axles in your lifetime.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

3020 or 3532??
          Ebay only has 3020

Comment

Pepboys rents the tool for $0. The information is in the link.

Comment

Awwww.... and I made one out of an old nut and some conduit- and a slide hummer!

t
              diy and shave.
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
              X