Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jean View Post
    Nice progress man!

Q. Did you end up going with a oem dual mass flywheel?

Yeah, using oem e39 M5 dual mass flywheel. I'm not a fan of lightweight flywheels after my e46 m3 experience.

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
    Awwwwww yeah.

The m90 (if that's an m90) may be a little small for that motor though. It'll probably still work. It just may make quite a bit of heat. But I say do dat shit.
    It is a small blower for the application. We have a couple to choose from but that is way down the road.

In other news, got the tranny mounted and engine set in place. Next big items are wiring and exhaust. Then lots of odds and ends to finish up!

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Brodeo bro?
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Story about the e46 m3 flywheel incident?
        sigpic'89 325i
        M60 swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
          Brodeo bro?
          The e30 nor I will be making this brodeo. I'm bummed. I close on my house that week and I have to work that weekend. This is two rodeos in a row.

Originally posted by Jack89i View Post
          Story about the e46 m3 flywheel incident?
          My M3 came with a cheap lightweight (too light) that was annoying to drive and the chattering was borderline embarassing. I eventually changed to out to a stock flywheel. Since then I have preferred the feel and drivability of the dual mass flywheel, even if there are performance drawbacks. LTW flywheels are not for everyone.
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            The e30 nor I will be making this brodeo. I'm bummed. I close on my house that week and I have to work that weekend. This is two brodeos in a row.
            Damn dog. That's weak. But congratulations on the house, that's not weak.
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Thanks! Can we make this post a sticky? ;)

Finally!
              I remember this conversation going way back, circa 2011.

Looks like to get the proper drive-train angle you DO need to space or notch.
              Last edited by noid; 10-04-2014, 12:26 AM.
              Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Progress???

Comment

Unfortunately between my shift work, football season, buying a house, and Matt's son due last weekend little progress has been made.

Hoping to knock it out before Christmas, I need to head south more often.
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Soon!
                    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Lookin real real nice.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Currently tracking down some E53 manifolds. Updates hopefully to come soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

woot

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

One step closer!

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Just read through the whole thread and WOW keep it up looking forward for some burnout vids!
                              M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

What manifold is that on the passenger side?

Comment

Working...
                                X