Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 diff upgrade

Hi guys

I have a question regarding diff ratio of my E30. The setup I'm running curently is M52B28 engine combined with E36 323i tranny and inthe back I'm using E30 M10 diff with 3.64:1 ratio. I'm not too happy with this Drivetrain setup because the gearing is way too short for my liking. What setup can I use to get longer gearing to make it a little more bearable on the highway? I have a budget, so i cannot go for some fancy racing diffs

Thanks

i think etas run 2:92.

Comment

^ List of what cars came with which diffs.
      You want something 2.93~3.25 to be close to stock. Which of these are actually available to you will depend on your country,
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

if you know what you are doing it is possible to swap gear sets in the case. the m10 would be a small case 168mm diff. something to keep in mind if you ultimately swap crown and pinion gear sets. not sure i would go to the bother unless the diff had an ls unit though.

Comment

The small case can't go much lower- 3.45 from a manual E36 318's the practical limit. That case will bolt in, if you can find one from a 318ti

The mid case had 2.7x in early manual etas, 2.93 in later etas,
          and the E36 can give you a 3.15 gearset if you
          wanted to split the difference. but you'd have to assemble that, and make
          sure you used a carrier from a 3.15 and higher e30, as the 2.93 carrier has different spacing.

t
          2.93 and fine with that, because 1st is pretty low already.
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
          X