Mystery Bolt Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Bolt Game?

Is anybody up for a round of the mystery bolt game? If you help me find where this came from I’ll venmo you $10.

This past weekend I took my racecar to rally-x for the first time. Lots of fun, lots of bumps in the dirt. Stock 325i motor.

After pulling back on the trailer I noticed a gold bolt near the R rear wheel. It is an M8 and says Verbus 8.8 on the head. Measures 44mm total length, with about 19mm of thread.

I’ve spend almost an hour under the car checking everything I can see, but can’t find a hole or a similar bolt anywhere else.

thanks for looking!

Rear stabilizer bolt.

Comment

… as in rear sway bar? Like the bolt through the end link? I thought I checked that but will take a look when I get home and let you know. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I also immediately thought ARB bolt as well, but it's not nearly rusty enough and it fell out, which would also be very unusual.

Comment

End link bolt checks out, there aren't really any other 13mm bolts that long under the rear of an E30, or the front for that matter.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

good chance it came from somewhere other than the rear suspension. could have dropped during loading / unloading. e30's are loaded with m8's of various sizes all over the engine bay.

Comment

Checked both sway bar and they are both there, with silver bolt heads. Still no idea, I guess it’s possible it came from the spares. Anyway thanks for the input.

Comment

Check your front sway bar bolt that connects the endlink into the u-bracket, right side, to see if it's missing.
                1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
                1991 318is: raw DD
                2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Working...
                X