Skid plates for the E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid plates for the E30.

Does anyone know where I can get a skid plate? My oil pan has cracked, which was already a fairly new oil pan, and I don't want to have to do this shit again. So does anyone know where I can get one?

Raise your car up a tad and PM e304lyfe. He has one for sale. With the OEM plate, your car will have less clearance hence the need to raise it up a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine
      Raise your car up a tad and PM e304lyfe. He has one for sale. With the OEM plate, your car will have less clearance hence the need to raise it up a tad.
      Yeah, those things sit even lower which sucks. The dealer still sells them by the way.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I think every single E30 in SA came with one... great things I tell ya... I need them, saved my sump a couple of times, when going sideways gets a bit going out of control :D

Comment

go jack a street sign, thats how my e28's roll

Originally posted by vlad
          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

You can also use the tranny skid plate, takes a bit of creativity but fits up really tight so you don't lose much clearance.

Comment

BAM!!

I've never seen one of these before.
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

a tranny plate aint going to do anything. they are so thin, that it offers no protection.
                sux to break an oil pan!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
                  a tranny plate aint going to do anything. they are so thin, that it offers no protection.
                  sux to break an oil pan!
                  I have broken 3 and I can say seriously sucks especially when you are far from home.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I've never ever stuck, dragged, or even disturbed a spec of dust on my oil pan sump. I'm lower then most.

I don't understand this breaking oil pans business. At least you guys have lowered cars.... I see alot of stock 4x4 e30's at work with cracked/gouged pans.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                      I've never ever stuck, dragged, or even disturbed a spec of dust on my oil pan sump. I'm lower then most.

I don't understand this breaking oil pans business. At least you guys have lowered cars.... I see alot of stock 4x4 e30's at work with cracked/gouged pans.
                      I'm gonna concur with this. I've had some interesting off track excursions with the e30, and have yet to even scrap the oil pan. How in the heck to people break them?

-Charlie
                      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                      FYYFF

Comment

I'll second Jordan and Charlie both, here. I'm on IE III's and Koni's, so I'm plenty low. I don't go over huge speedbumps, and if I have to, I go very slow. I don't go in overly steep driveways, and I watch the road ahead of me while I'm driving.

Comment

+1

I'm slammed on GCs and the worst I've done is scrape the cat once in a parking garage.

I have picked up little pieces of fur from already flattened road kill though:(

Comment

oil pan on my 318is just got cracked. wasn't my fault though. dropped the car off at Midas because i was at work and needed some stuff done to it before a long drive. needless to say the mechanic took it out for a spin and wrecked it.

:(

car needs a new radiator, oil pan, steering rack, control arms, tie rods, basketweave wheel, new tires all around, water pump (wtf?), and a new driver side front fender.
                            173rd ABN

Comment

Originally posted by Bokes
                              car needs a new radiator, oil pan, steering rack, control arms, tie rods, basketweave wheel, new tires all around, water pump (wtf?), and a new driver side front fender.
                              Hop a curb?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X