If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
i can get that setup for $68 so i was just wondering.
-Justin
You still need something to hold the pulley- sometimes. I've been able to get 95% of them off without anything special- just a cheapo 32mm wrench that I ground down to be thin enough to fit, and sometimes a thin long screwdriver to wedge between the pulley bolts.
But, I have had one or two that absolutely would not cooperate- they were stuck like a mofo. I finally got them loose with lots of PB Blaster and time- waited like 2 days and then got them loose.
leave the alt/fan belt on and that should do it.
just did a t.belt last weekend and no drama., i tapped the 32 once with a hammer, that knocked it loose
take the bolt off of the alternator that allows it to swing towards the engine. this removes tension on the belt and allows the belt to be removed. the alternator mightbe stuck though, so it will take some force.
take the bolt off of the alternator that allows it to swing towards the engine. this removes tension on the belt and allows the belt to be removed. the alternator mightbe stuck though, so it will take some force.
I dont have a belt on right now, the old one snapped off while driving, but if i was removing one... wouldn't it be stuck on the very top pulley where the fan clutch is connected? I'm trying to figure out if the fan needs to be removed for a pulley to be slipped on
I'm having troubles with the other belts too.. I'll make a new tread.
Comment