Fuse box relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse box relocation

I know this would be a lot of work but really "technically speaking" it is just cutting the wires, extending them, and connecting them up to the box again correct? Trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle or not. Has anyone on here actually done it? And if so do you have pictures? I am wanting to attempt a full tucked/shaved bay but a little nervous.

Yes, if you want to oversimplify it, it is just cutting and extending wires. But there are a lot of wires, and they're in a tight spot. E30s actually have very nice looking fuse boxes and I have no idea why anyone would want to do that much work to relocate what is probably one of the best looking fuse boxes around. Seriously, it's not just a chunk of black plastic, it has a nice transparent lid and colorful fuses and relays inside it. It's a shame more cars don't have one like that. A clean bay with a shiny new fuse box lid and clean relays and fuses would probably stand out among the sea of shaved bays as something unique and cool.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Yes, if you want to oversimplify it, it is just cutting and extending wires. But there are a lot of wires, and they're in a tight spot. E30s actually have very nice looking fuse boxes and I have no idea why anyone would want to do that much work to relocate what is probably one of the best looking fuse boxes around. Seriously, it's not just a chunk of black plastic, it has a nice transparent lid and colorful fuses and relays inside it. It's a shame more cars don't have one like that. A clean bay with a shiny new fuse box lid and clean relays and fuses would probably stand out among the sea of shaved bays as something unique and cool.
      I agree with you, its one of the coolest things in the E30 engine bay. It wouldnt look out of place in a shaved bay.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
      X