Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x100 Wheel spacers with 72.6cb?

Hey Guys!

I have a set of 16" BBS style 5's that I had filled and redrilled to 4x100. I know I want/need 15mm spacers but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to get from a 57mm cb to 72.6mm cb.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I forget how deep the E30 centering bore is, but you may need something more like 20mm to be able to reduce the center bore that much.
    There needs to be a lip over the E30 bore to support the centering diameter, and the E30 bore is pretty deep.

I would measure and make something on the lathe.

Or I would bore the wheel out to the BMW bore.

I don't mind spacers, personally, but they do require a bit more care than wheels that don't need them.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You can run hubcentric ring adapters, but if you're going to need a spacer I'd suggest just getting spacers made to order. Fitment industries does this, but I just ordered a set from https://www.motorsport-tech.com/. They won't ship for a few weeks so I can't speak to their quality but I've seen them recommended in a few places. Spent like $160 for a set of 4. These will adapt from the E30 hub bore to the Style 5 bore.

Comment

Our hubcentric spacers come prepared to fastener on, which all high pliable studs and open finished nuts or screws as required. These spacers are 100% 6082 billet aluminum, utilized for its weight and quality and processed from one bit of aluminum to guarantee accuracy of fitment.
        Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
        Last edited by zadma; 06-13-2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zadma View Post
          Our hubcentric spacers come prepared to fastener on, which all high pliable studs and open finished nuts or screws as required. These spacers are 100% 6082 billet aluminum, utilized for its weight and quality and processed from one bit of aluminum to guarantee accuracy of fitment.
          Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
          wth is this?

Comment

Originally posted by JRHemmen View Post
            You can run hubcentric ring adapters, but if you're going to need a spacer I'd suggest just getting spacers made to order. Fitment industries does this, but I just ordered a set from https://www.motorsport-tech.com/. They won't ship for a few weeks so I can't speak to their quality but I've seen them recommended in a few places. Spent like $160 for a set of 4. These will adapt from the E30 hub bore to the Style 5 bore.
            I've found that using regular spacers with hubcentric rings gives you more flexibility if you change wheels though and is often cheaper.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X