Help ordering new hard lines for brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ordering new hard lines for brakes

So I have a 84, upgrading to discs all around and replacing every brake component I can.

I tried finding someone to sell me some off of a late model but nobody ever got back to me, so I figured I’d order them new.

I tried looking at real oem but some parts are missing, is there anyone who can help me find what lines /parts I need specifically?

Classic Tube sells complete sets. I fabricated a new set for my car using copper-nickel, which is much easier to flare and bend. The one long line that runs from front to back up above the differential is very difficult to bend.

Comment

Replaced mine last winter. Definitely recommend CuNiFer tubing. Very easy to bend. I don't know of anyone who makes pre-bent kits, so you will be making your own. Sunnyledge is correct - the line running front to back, around the fuel tank and into the distribution block above the rear subframe is difficult to bend. I used the old line as a guide and still had to do a lot of hand bending. The two lines running out of the distribution block are also a PITA. I bought "Ultrabend" CuNiFer tubing and fittings from SUR&R (made in USA).

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Does a tube bender help?
        Amazing deals on this Tubing Bender at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

A tubing bender is useful for some bends. But not for all. With copper nickel you can use various round objects to help form a bend. For some of the tighter bend I used a piece of pipe or even a socket (i.e. from socket wrench set) as a form to bend the tubing around. As Cory58 said using the old line to get the rough configuration is helpful. The final molding can be done as you press the tubing into the various brackets/clips.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X