No announcement yet.

S14.net withdrawals....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus is a great guy and a hard worker. There are probably a number of reasons why the site is not up and running right now but let's also remember that the it is a "vendor free" site and this site is probably managed by one or two guys and a handful of dedicated moderators. I am willing to wait for things to correct without getting too down on the guys. I can't speak for Magnus but if he is the type of guy I think he is, that site won't be sold to anybody anytime soon.

I am looking forward to it being back up soon!

Comment

There's too much info on that site for it to just be down all the time. Is this really a coding issue or more financial?

Comment

Can't be a financial issue, too many of us would be willing to pay quite a bit to keep it running. I think it's a forum software and server issue but I know nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chucko View Post
          Can't be a financial issue, too many of us would be willing to pay quite a bit to keep it running. I think it's a forum software and server issue but I know nothing about it.
          Chucko, you got a pm.

Archie
          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
          56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
          www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Is it bad form to come over to r3v and discuss S14 to this extent? I know the sites don't 'compete' and there is a lot of member overlap, but it seems to me that we are kinda backhanding the guys that run r3v. One thread with a few posts seems reasonable, but this same stuff over and over again... wacky.

Or, I could be way off base Maybe it's just me.
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
              Is it bad form to come over to r3v and discuss S14 to this extent? I know the sites don't 'compete' and there is a lot of member overlap, but it seems to me that we are kinda backhanding the guys that run r3v. One thread with a few posts seems reasonable, but this same stuff over and over again... wacky.

Or, I could be way off base Maybe it's just me.
              I've only had a quick look at it but it seems to be a BMW related forum. It kinda seems the same as having your new girlfriend talking about her ex. I felt bad about the thread I started on here about another forum but was the only option I had to get help. I'm on a couple other BMW forums but I like this one the best.
              sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

Mark,

Bad form on R3v? lol you're joking right? One thing about R3v is it's pretty damn reliable. The downtime is limited to the off hours and only for about 30-45 minutes if that. Since R3v now has an M3 forum, I see no issues with discussing what's going on with S14. Everyone knows S14.net has A LOT of M3 specific information that other sites will never see...including R3v. With S14, we're talking about an entire forum dedicated to the E30 M3 not just a subforum. That's what makes it an invaluable asset to the community. There are also members who are ONLY active on that forum as well as members from other countries like Markus who don't really participate in English forums but they did on S14.net. Lot's of people shopped in the classifieds for rare parts, even if they didn't participate or have an M3. I remember there routinely being more viewers in the classified section than in general discussion. As M3's got more popular, so did S14.net.
                Last edited by reelizmpro; 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

From S14.net backup forum

"
                  New server test
                  « on: March 01, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
                  We're currently on the new server.
                  "

Please let this work!;D

Comment

here is more specific info for those that didn't see

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      Mark,

Bad form on R3v? lol you're joking right? One thing about R3v is it's pretty damn reliable. The downtime is limited to the off hours and only for about 30-45 minutes if that. Since R3v now has an M3 forum, I see no issues with discussing what's going on with S14. Everyone knows S14.net has A LOT of M3 specific information that other sites will never see...including R3v. With S14, we're talking about an entire forum dedicated to the E30 M3 not just a subforum. That's what makes it an invaluable asset to the community. There are also members who are ONLY active on that forum as well as members from other countries like Markus who don't really participate in English forums but they did on S14.net. Lot's of people shopped in the classifieds for rare parts, even if they didn't participate or have an M3. I remember there routinely being more viewers in the classified section than in general discussion. As M3's got more popular, so did S14.net.
                      Barry, I agree 100% with your assessment of S14. But I think you may have missed my point.

Imagine two donut shops across town from each other. People from donut shop A visit donut shop B when A is closed and chat about how they miss A, how it could be run better, and wish it was open at that very moment (this may not be the best analogy, and again, I may be all wrong about this).

While R3V can sometimes be crood, it still deserves more than a modicum of respect. :D

Comment

It's more like donut shop A closes down and people go to donut shop B and, while each taking a dump in the bathroom of B, talk about how they miss A.

We all like r3v. We all have respect for r3v. the M section of this forum though is not comparable. "donut shop A donut shop B"

Maple bar, please.

Comment

It's simply about communication....folks off s14 come on here to see if anybody knows what is going on with s14 when it's down. Nothing wrong with that....while on r3v maybe we can all learn something and enjoy this forum as well. It's all good!

John

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                            It's simply about communication....folks off s14 come on here to see if anybody knows what is going on with s14 when it's down. Nothing wrong with that....while on r3v maybe we can all learn something and enjoy this forum as well. It's all good!

John
                            Here, here! All are welcome. You'd be hard pressed to offend an r3v'er.

The whole "this forum is better then that one" is childish at best. (Oh, unless you're talking at roadfly - then you might have a point)
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Here, here! All are welcome. You'd be hard pressed to offend an r3v'er.

The whole "this forum is better then that one" is childish at best. (Oh, unless you're talking at roadfly - then you might have a point)
                              George, it's not the average r3v bear that I am thinking of. It's the kind folks that own / operate this site ;)

I'll get down from the soap box naow.

Comment

I think it's this sites owners that make it so great (besides the google nsfw ban). I've been on other forums where members were banned for offering parts for sale because the venders felt threatened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X