Subaru Hubs = E30 hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subaru Hubs = E30 hubs?

I've been doing some research and i found out SVX hubs have the same I.D. Bore @57.1 as the e30 and up the bolt pattern to 5x114.3, they also miraculously have a 27 spline count like the rear e30 axle.

Has anyone attempted this or even looked into it? If not I got the parts on order and will let you guys know how it turns out.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

In for results
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

interdasting
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Wow! The hub centric ring and the spline count are the same? It sounds like a straight bolt on!!!
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Wow! The hub centric ring and the spline count are the same? It sounds like a straight bolt on!!!
            lol
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Spline count is one thing, major and minor diameter of the splines will make/break it.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Spline count is one thing, major and minor diameter of the splines will make/break it.
                True, guess we won't know until i try.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  Your sarcasm only makes you look like a prick that probably no one gives 2 seconds to think twice about.

Comment

Originally posted by Crodell6 View Post
                    Your sarcasm only makes you look like a prick that probably no one gives 2 seconds to think twice about.
                    Or, since s/he has 3 posts and no track record, s/he could actually have been serious and enthusiastic.
                    The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

5x114.3 is going to be a problem unless you like JDM wheels.

I'd also check that the distance from hub mounting face to spline end is the same as e30 hubs, since you don't want to mess with offsets if you can avoid it.

Also....what are you going to do for the front? SVXs are awd....
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Or since it referred to the inside diameter as a hub centric ring they may have little knowledge ass to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Comment

I spent 2 seconds to think about it... Laughed at sarcasm.

1. BMW lug pattern is 5x120, not 5x114.3
                          2. Centerbore of the wheel is great, what about the rotor?
                          3. Height of the hub, because of studs, does it clear parking brakes?
                          4. Even IF it fits the splines, what about the bearing?
                          5. What rotors and calipers will you run?
                          6. Where will it leave the offset?

80's 911 rear hubs share the bearing and splines with e30, but I am yet to see someone press in Porsche hubs and call that a day.

Comment

I'm not concerned what you think i look like.

Your original post makes you seem like someone who has one idea what they are talking about. You dont mention any of the important variables that would make a given hub work in your post.

Also, this is r3v. If you want to be coddled and told you are a winner this is not the place. And please don't tell the shops i do consulting work for that i don't know anything, i don't want the word to get out.

EDIT:
                            I will admit to the 57.1 number throwing me off in your description but thats just because the E30 rear bearing is like 75mm OD, 42mm ID and 57.1 is the hubcentric size. I feel like i am missing something else here.
                            Last edited by LJ851; 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM.
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Or since it referred to the inside diameter as a hub centric ring they may have little knowledge ass to what I'm trying to accomplish.
                              Or the person could simply be uninformed. Regardless, the attitude on this board is nasty. Everyone drinks macho sauce sitting behind a keyboard...
                              The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Working...
                              X