No announcement yet.

M3 hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fronts I am using e36 286x22 rotors and the rears currently are redrilled stock rotors. But I have an idea for using e46 320 or 323 rear brakes. That will make my bias correct with rx7 calipers up front.
    sigpic

Comment

So on the front strut housing can you just press off the 4 lug stock hub bearing and press on a new 5 lug e30 m3 hub bearing? Or do you have to change the whole strut housing too

Comment

Originally posted by evobmwe30 View Post
        So on the front strut housing can you just press off the 4 lug stock hub bearing and press on a new 5 lug e30 m3 hub bearing? Or do you have to change the whole strut housing too

Go re-read what I did or there is another thread talking about this same subject.
        Basically it is a spindle adapter for the new hubs to fit.
        sigpic

Comment

Is the bearing sleeve press fit or do you have another method of attaching it?

I like the DIY aspect even if its not cost effective to sell.
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I'd buy a pair of front sleeves from you. It makes more sense to just buy m3 hubs for the rears.
            Last edited by einstein57; 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

So do the sleeves create the offset you need to run the stock calipers? I'm wondering if you could run e30 m3 calipers if you had them sitting around
              1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
              1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
              1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
              E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Ill post up the dimensions maybe this weekend. I'm not going to make them to sell because their are a lot of brake options and I'd rather people sort that out themselves. But the sleeves are not to hard to make. If you can hold a tolerance to .001" you should be fine.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the issue is most people don't have a lathe. Your sig is a lie. lol
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I'm sure any competent machine shop could help you if you brought them the measurements.

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

I'll start producing them

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Well this is quite interesting. Will be checking back for more developments.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Ok. I have no problem making the adapters for people but I do not have the time nor do I think it would be cost effective for me to design and promote a fully bolt on swap kit with brake mounts and everything. I will get the stock to make a few sets if anyone really wants a set pm me. But it will take some fabrication to get a proper brake setup.

You can still do the corrado and rx7 brakes but I cannot find a rotor in five lug that matches. So the rotors would need to be redrilled and bored out which needs to be done anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think just selling the sleeves would be fine. Thats what most people want anyway :)
                            -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                              I think just selling the sleeves would be fine. Thats what most people want anyway :)
                              Definitely

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

What did you to do to make the locking nut work? The 5 lug hub, no matter which one , is deeper than the 4 hole hub.

What I did when I did this was machine the thick washer from the locking nut, and turn a new sleeve extension with washer that slid on from the front. This was thin enough to allow the nut to lock.

I still have the strut setup, which I'm adapting my AP racing Bbk to work with. New bells and caliper brackets are being made up.

Comment

Working...
                                X