Control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control arms

I need to buy new control arms for the e30 , what is your guys opinion on the febi control arms ?

1. OE from BMW
    2. Lemforeder
    3. Anything else FCP sells because of lifetime warranty
    4. anything else

So if FCP sells it, then you are good. I place quality order with this list.
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Plus one for Lemforder and FCP for the lifetime replacement
      sigpic84 325e

Comment

Lemonfodder for sure
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post
          Plus one for Lemforder and FCP for the lifetime replacement
          If you have a torn boot, will FCP replace it? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

If you have a torn boot, will FCP replace it? I doubt it.
            I think they would. A bunch of things that people have returned, included used engine oil.... https://www.instagram.com/fcpeurolrg/

From the FCP return FAQ page
            • Does this really include every part you sell?

Yes, our lifetime replacement covers every single part we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc. This covers every part across every brand, including OE, OEM, genuine, performance, aftermarket, and re-manufactured parts.
            sigpic84 325e

Comment

I think they would. A bunch of things that people have returned, included used engine oil.... https://www.instagram.com/fcpeurolrg/

From the FCP return FAQ page
              You would think you can get brake pads, for example, install them; don't like them and return them a few days later.

No. You can't return installed parts for reimbursement.

If the brake pads fail, I would have to buy exactly the same pads from them first. Then, write them a letter asking for a favor of replacement. Then pay $10 to ship the pads.

That's not what I would do. I would buy a different brand from a different place.
              ---
              FCP is not good about original BMW parts. It sent me wrong parts, some were without labels.

Comment

Regarding the Febi part mentioned in the OP, I have used Febi parts with no problem on my Bimmers, but not control arms. I don't know the price difference between Lemforder and Febi, but if you need the savings, Febi is probably better than
                typical "bargain" brands.
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

You would think you can get brake pads, for example, install them; don't like them and return them a few days later.

No. You can't return installed parts for reimbursement.

If the brake pads fail, I would have to buy exactly the same pads from them first. Then, write them a letter asking for a favor of replacement. Then pay $10 to ship the pads.

That's not what I would do. I would buy a different brand from a different place.
                  ---
                  FCP is not good about original BMW parts. It sent me wrong parts, some were without labels.
                  I don't work for FCP or have any vested interest in them. Myself and a few of my friends have ordered lots of stuff from them and shipped to Hawaii without any issues. I think it's an excellent program to replace parts even though you get reimbursed and have to pay for shipping. You would still have to pay the full part price plus shipping at the other places.
                  sigpic84 325e

Comment

I think it's an excellent program to replace parts even though you get reimbursed and have to pay for shipping.
                    What were the parts that you returned to them?

I know people who bought Sachs strut mounts from FCP that were loose. They had to buy the same Sachs strut mounts that were slightly better, and only then return the original ones for replacement.
                    I would just buy a different brand.

Comment

Working...
                    X