UHMW Lubricant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHMW Lubricant

Was wondering what people are using as a lubricant for this white plastic stuff? I know the supplier (Condor) says don't use a damn thing, but many on here complain of creaks afterwards. I am planning on using this.. "Permatex Synthetic Grease" (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/p...tic+grease#srp)

Any advice/ prior experiences? TIA.

Id just use a better material for that application.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Id just use a better material for that application.
      Explore our tailored collections to find the perfect engine mount for your vehicle, enhancing both performance and comfort. Whether you’re cruising the city streets or tearing up the track, our three specialized collections have you covered. VIP Collection - Street: Ideal for the daily driver looking for a performance boost without compromising on comfort. Classic Collection - Street/Track: Offers a balance between performance and versatility for those who race but also use their car for street driving. Armageddon Collection - Extreme Track: Engineered for the track junky who demands the utmost in performance from their vehicle under the most demanding conditions. Below you'll find a hardness chart comparing our Pink VIP Polyurethane Collection (70A), our White Classic UHMW Collection (68D) and our Armageddon Aluminum Collection, to that of standard competitor polyurethane bushings. Our White UHMW suspension bushings and engine mounts are able to absorb more vibration and transmit less NVH than the "hardest" 75D polyurethane bushings from two different competitors currently in the market. Our pink polyurethane VIP street mounts are considerably softer and measure 70A on the hardness scale.

I see in your build thread you used the akg brand for this application (I'll talking about the riser subframe bushings). From what I've read about UHMW having something of a constant lubrication feature and it being just below the 75D of the AKG, (68D), one would think it would be the better material? Did you use lubrication? If so what did you use?

I'm just thinking out loud, at this point I've already bought the stuff, shipped it to another country and it's definitely going in. Just want verification of real world results/experience with regards to lubrication of this specific product.

Comment

I use Wurth CU800 on bushings that see no friction. Seems to have good washout, no squeak so far on this application and others that do see slow moving friction.

The only thing I couldn't keep squeaking over the years are many solid trailing arm bushing with adjuster.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

UHMWPE is used for wear surfaces in industrial application precisely because of it doesn’t need lubrication.

Comment

Working...
          X