Polyurethane Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane Bushings

Hey Guys i am about to rebuild my complete suspension set up and i want to go Polyurethane bushings through out.

Question # 1 - are the products from Revshift any good?

Question # 2 - offset control arms bushings, whats the advantage and disadvantage of using it?

Question # 3 - i am not running coilovers, i'll just run the sport bilstein's with lowering springs, is it a gd idea to run offset control arms bushings if i am running that set up?

Thanks
    Kirk

1. Not sure but I've heard of all kinds of fitment issues. I'd suggest Condor Speed Shop.
    2. More caster/More caster.
    3. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sky View Post
      Hey Guys i am about to rebuild my complete suspension set up and i want to go Polyurethane bushings through out.

Question # 2 - offset control arms bushings, whats the advantage and disadvantage of using it?

Question # 3 - i am not running coilovers, i'll just run the sport bilstein's with lowering springs, is it a gd idea to run offset control arms bushings if i am running that set up?

Thanks
      Kirk
      Can't answer question 1, I don't have any personal experience.

Question 2 and 3 i feel tie together. From what I know, you will need offset CAB's to correct some of the caster/chamber issues (please correct me if I'm wrong) when lowering. the offset CAB's are usually the M3's bushings (unless if you go aftermarket poly, then they are all solid) and last longer since they are solid bushings as opposed to the stock bushings.

Comment

Offset control arms give you positive caster which creates more stability at speed and increased negative TURN-IN camber, not to be confused with regular static camber.
        No difference whether you want to run an adjustable coil setup vs. regular coil springs.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

1. yes i like my rev shift bushings, they make the ride just a tiny bit stiffer but not harsh FYI their shipping takes forever
          2. offset control arm bushings are supposed to increase high speed stability, they don't really have a downside on a street car
          3. yes, I'm running them on a stock setup
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

wow...... i did not expect replies so fast lol

i read all your comments and now feel like i am getting somewhere lol, just wanted opinions from ppl who would have done these kind of stuff already. To everyone who replied sry i couldn't reply individually. i did a bit of research and the things you guys said all checks out to be somewhat true. when lowering the car the offset bushings will correct the little issue that will arise. to the guy who recommended condor speed shop i was thinking about them but they are a bit pricey lol, but i am still strongly thinking to go with them tho. just wanted to know if the revshift product works ok

Comment

Thanks
              Kirk
              1. No, they have had too many issues in the past+ their customer service has been blah from what I have read/heard.
              I personally run a combo of Condor Speed Shop and AKG(soon to replace with all CSS)

2. Gain caster correction, I went with Treehouse racing and Ground control camber/caster correction plates.

3. Yes, most setups with coilovers use a camber plate for heavy corrections. With basic springs and proper inserts/shocks, you would not need too much correction. I would just replace old worn bushings with stock and run some Condor Speed shop CAb bushings. A daily will be VERY harsh with too much poly.

Do not run Bistein, they are so outdated. Get a set of Koni sports and pair them with H&R race(nice spring for daily use).
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

thanks buddy

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                1. No, they have had too many issues in the past+ their customer service has been blah from what I have read/heard.
                I personally run a combo of Condor Speed Shop and AKG(soon to replace with all CSS)

2. Gain caster correction, I went with Treehouse racing and Ground control camber/caster correction plates.

3. Yes, most setups with coilovers use a camber plate for heavy corrections. With basic springs and proper inserts/shocks, you would not need too much correction. I would just replace old worn bushings with stock and run some Condor Speed shop CAb bushings. A daily will be VERY harsh with too much poly.

Do not run Bistein, they are so outdated. Get a set of Koni sports and pair them with H&R race(nice spring for daily use).
                hey thanks alot.....well to be honest the car will be my daily but who wont take their e30 to the track lol. koni's u say huh? i will give them a look up right now.

thanks

Comment

where would i find them?

Originally posted by F34R View Post

where do u recommend me check for them?

Comment

Two things.

First, one thing to remember with offset bushings, is that they do move the wheel forward (towards the front of the car) in the wheel well. Depending on your tire fitment and ride height, this can be a bad thing as far as fender clearance. I'm currently using offset bushings, but am switching back to centered bushings. Treehouse Racing just introduced a centered (non-offset) solid CAB which is perfect for this.

Second, Bilsteins work fine with H&R Sports and H&R Race. I have driven over 200k miles combined on those two exact setups between my two e30's over the past ~13 years. I actually sold my Bilstein sports with over 12 years/300k miles on them, still working 100% perfectly. The shocks are valved well for those spring rates, and are priced well below Koni S/A's.

You can find them almost anywhere that sells e30 parts... Check out some of the forum sponsors. Guten Parts, Blunttech, etc...
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

thanks buddy

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      Two things.

First, one thing to remember with offset bushings, is that they do move the wheel forward (towards the front of the car) in the wheel well. Depending on your tire fitment and ride height, this can be a bad thing as far as fender clearance. I'm currently using offset bushings, but am switching back to centered bushings. Treehouse Racing just introduced a centered (non-offset) solid CAB which is perfect for this.

Second, Bilsteins work fine with H&R Sports and H&R Race. I have driven over 200k miles combined on those two exact setups between my two e30's over the past ~13 years. I actually sold my Bilstein sports with over 12 years/300k miles on them, still working 100% perfectly. The shocks are valved well for those spring rates, and are priced well below Koni S/A's.

You can find them almost anywhere that sells e30 parts... Check out some of the forum sponsors. Guten Parts, Blunttech, etc...
                      well to be honest i want to run some nice 16 x 8/8.5 rims. i saw revshift with their poly bushes so i was thinking the not too harsh one but rather the ones for street performance. so what u recommend, run stock bushes around and run the centered solid or poly control arm bushes? i have revshift in mind for poly and condor speed shop. From what i heard is that revshift is not so gd on service and whats not. u ever bought anything from them? if yes. what is your personal opinion on them

is this the one you are talking about
                      http://www.treehouseracing.com/new/w...yeballArms.jpg

Thanks
                      Kirk

Comment

As I have just been looking into the exact same suspension overhaul project, I found a few good research threads.

Check out this thread, and make sure you click on the link in the second post. Both very informative threads for what you are looking for.

Originally posted by 36brua
                        Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
                        Patryk:up:
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

thanks alot

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                          As I have just been looking into the exact same suspension overhaul project, I found a few good research threads.

Check out this thread, and make sure you click on the link in the second post. Both very informative threads for what you are looking for.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=303678
                          thanks for the link, i will read it through.

Comment

i saw revshift with their poly bushes so i was thinking the not too harsh one but rather the ones for street performance. so what u recommend, run stock bushes around and run the centered solid or poly control arm bushes? i have revshift in mind for poly and condor speed shop. From what i heard is that revshift is not so gd on service and whats not. u ever bought anything from them? if yes. what is your personal opinion on them
                            I went with the GC street kit with their konis with 440/650 rates. I used revshift 80a bushings in back and OE M3 cabs (GC recommended OE rubber)

Revshift took a long time to ship but the product has been good so far. The car rides firm but not harsh or bouncy. Fit was ok but if you're going to use revshift I'd order it a month or so before you need it.
                            - Josh
                            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                            Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                              I went with the GC street kit with their konis with 440/650 rates. I used revshift 80a bushings in back and OE M3 cabs (GC recommended OE rubber)

Revshift took a long time to ship but the product has been good so far. The car rides firm but not harsh or bouncy. Fit was ok but if you're going to use revshift I'd order it a month or so before you need it.
                              well u see when i order it i may need it like next week or so because i want to finish things up a bit quick lol. i also looked into powerflex, seems gd and price isn't bad. wanted to go with condor speed but the car will not be a track car most of its time. My car is going to be my daily driver and from what i heard its not wise to use condor's product if ur car will be a dd.

Comment

Working...
                              X