• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover and shock combo help!

Okay so I have purchased the Cosmo coilover kit which includes:
    6" 8k front springs
    5" 10k rear springs

I will also be running bigger sway bars with poly/billet mounts and full condor solid bushings in the rear and front (minus engine and trans)

I want to know what struts/shocks I should run so I dont get a bouncy ride..

I was told by someone on FB r3v I should run Koni yellows instead of Billy sports

What do you guys think?

Will bilstein sports suffice for a decent ride quality? I like it stiff and planted, car will be used for very spirited mountain driving :)

I'm running Koni Single Adjustables (yellow, but are these "koni yellows?" I thought more than just the SAs were yellow) with similar spring rates; 6" 450lb/in (8kg/mm) front, 5" 650lb/in (11.6kg/mm) rear and I have no bounce. The adjusters are turned up pretty far but the adjustment is not linear. I do not know if bilstein sports would work with this setup, but from my research when I was picking parts, they would need to be re-valved.

My ride quality is satisfactory, to me, but would be way too stiff for most people, by the number of people I have seen saying HR Race springs are too stiff. It corners very flat, but is also quite tail happy now, and a little twitchy on corner exit, judging by my experience in the wet. With my tire and suspension combo, I don't feel comfortable getting anywhere near the limit on the street, will tell more about my handling when I autocross again. I am running stock swaybars, poly offset CABs, and the rear bushings are all Condor HDPE.
    Last edited by varg; 09-24-2015, 10:47 AM.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

I ran Koni single adjustable fronts with koni mustang rears (top adjust instead of the BS compress to adjust) with 450/650 rates and it felt good coming from bilstein sports.

Konis seem to compress more as well.

Now looking at running shorter front strut housings with koni 325iX inserts or something from their race catalogue.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
      X