Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Ride and Boost?

Like the title says..
    do you know anyone that has air and is boosting? how is the ride quality? by boost i mean 300-500hp..
    air is such a smooth ride, but i don't know how it will handle under power.
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

airrex and airlift have a lot of high hp cars on air. It shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

BUMP! anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

Hope this link works. OG Chedds was my first thought, I've seen videos of donuts and everything. Seems like there is a couple of others.

If you want a 'sporty' ride with bags, I think Accuair is something to consider.

20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

This is the link I meant to post.

Always Fight Your Tickets! Get 10% off until 2023 at: www.offtherecord.com/TST or code TST10 on the Off The Record App! In the past I've thought of air suspe...

Honestly, I've never had bags, never rode in a car with bags, probably never will.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

300-500hp? A car that is on sensible suspension with good tires that fit properly has trouble putting that down. If you're on air you probably don't have tires that fit properly from what I've seen, so it'll be hopeless putting 300whp+ to the ground.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              300-500hp? A car that is on sensible suspension with good tires that fit properly has trouble putting that down. If you're on air you probably don't have tires that fit properly from what I've seen, so it'll be hopeless putting 300whp+ to the ground.
              I have a feeling the goal isnt performance here...
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

No kidding. But that makes 300whp+ pointless. Power that only serves to burn your stretched tires on your BB$ wheels is useless.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  I have a feeling the goal isnt performance here...
                  I think I found my new sig.
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    The green vert here at the shop is on bags and it has 9" of tread under it. Sure the wheels are 10" wide and tires stretched so they tuck, but 9" is a lot of rubber.

Otis is running 9's in the 1/4 on 10" slicks with 600+whp with a 1.3 60' ;)

To answer the OP question, air rides just the same as springs, except you have air to control height and spring rate instead of coil over collar nuts. As Varg pointed out, though, you will have trouble both tucking when aired out and having a lot of tire. We had to pull the 1/4's quite a bit to clear 10's (wheels almost touch the shocks on the inside).
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                    X