Koni NA - Big Thumbs Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
    I discovered today that I have the exact same problem. One of the rears is leaking badly and I am not the original owner. I called Performance Shock Inc. and he is going to check with Koni and see if they can cross reference the shock. Koni's from GC have their own part number and are specific to GC. God knows I dont want to have to deal with GC if I dont have to. I'll update this post when I get an answer along with PSI's contact info.

Good times...
    I should mention that I ended up going through GC and they were EXTREMELY helpful. Warrantied the bad one even though I was not the original customer.

Thumbs up to GC's customer service.
    Originally posted by Simon S
    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      do you ever post anything worthwhile?

It's a sticky because there is contact information that you could use to get your shocks rebuilt.

lol;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
        I had a leaky rear Koni SA shock with my Ground Control setup, so I called Koni NA to send both rears to be revalved for my spring rate.

Great experience! Repaired the leaky shock, revalved for 1000lb springs and repainted the bodies - they look brand new. All in a 2-week turn-around time. $234 for the whole deal.
        What front rate are you running? Somewhere around 800?

Comment

Anyone have the part# for those bump stops? Are they stock? My car never had them.

Comment

realoem.com? come on dude.
            2008 335i - n54b30
            1991 318i - m52b28
            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
              realoem.com? come on dude.
              I asked if they were stock DUDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
                I just run stock E30M3 sways, that can be disconnected depending on the track. I am a proponant of less bar and more spring to help with lifting the inside rear tire.

I don't think 1000lbs is too high as my lap times indicate the opposite. Heck, the Grp. N factory dry setup is 1142lbs front and 1368 rear and I've also seen an 800/1143 Grp. N setup as well.

Fred - Keep in mind that shock valving has a HUGE effect on ride quality and harshness, much more so than spring rates.

Teaguer - These were installed on the car when I purchased it last February, and I had no original documentation for the shocks. I think they may have been 2-3 years old. I don't think you will have any issue with what you have to be rebuilt. My contact was:

Paul McLaughlin
                Koni Shock Absorbers
                ITT Corporation
                Racing Technical Sales Rep.
                1961A International Way
                Hebron, Ky. 41048
                800-922-2616x324

Stereo - The shocks were fully rebuilt (along with the revalve) as one was leaking oil like a sieve.
                Saved for later calling.
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                  Anyone have the part# for those bump stops? Are they stock? My car never had them.
                  Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                  I asked if they were stock DUDE.
                  so is this not a question? and no, not stock iirc. so my realoem.com response is not valid either.

edit..the more I stare I keep thinking theyre front ones turned upside down but they're a different shape.
                  2008 335i - n54b30
                  1991 318i - m52b28
                  1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

speedthane shock bumpers, dooooood! used em alot in my rockcrawler days
                    sigpic
                    91 325ic
                    85 528e
                    92 325i
                    86 535i gone
                    92 325is gone

Comment

Did I miss something? Don't ALL KONIS shocks come with a lifetime warranty? Why did you have to pay?
                      1997 Artic Silver M3
                      CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
                        Did I miss something? Don't ALL KONIS shocks come with a lifetime warranty? Why did you have to pay?
                        Because he had it re-valved not a simple exchange for an off the shelf unit.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Inflation sucks. They quoted me $165 per strut plus parts up to an additional $100 per strut. $330-530 ain't worth it.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

yeah, definitely not. that's the same cost as new ones.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by robspeed325i View Post
                              Bilstein will also rebuild and revalve any shock to any spec. I think rebuild is $60 per and respec is a few more $$ since all they do is change valve body during the rebuild.
                              you just saved me about $600 bucks. thank you
                              m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                              build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Bilstien quoted me 125 a shock, and that was with the stock revalving :( So I ended up just getting a whole GC setup which is way more but worth it!
                                sigpic
                                benvideoproductions.com
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

Working...
                                X