Showoff your Bottlecaps!
Collapse
X
-
The pictures of the bottle caps on some spacers are missing, anyone got any? Would like to see some spaced out. -
Ya, I'm the same. I don't want to spend on spacing, or waste time painting. I don't want to have to buy crazy rims or tires, I want to get a motorbike again, and I want to have nice rims for my car...Leave a comment:
-
Bottlecaps – ug – so many times I wish my car came with 14” weaves at least. I really, really hope there is someone – somewhere who respects that I made wheels one of the last things I did after taking care of maintenance, suspension, interior, stereo, and engine bay first. A part of me hopes to be setting a good example by doing so.
In the meantime – I obviously wish I had 15x7-ish wheels. I have a set of 15” euroweaves – but I need to take them to a place like Wheels America and spend about $600 to get them all repaired/straightened with proper, professional tooling.
If I were to paint a wheel black – I wouldn’t have a problem doing it to a cap. But again – something tells me it isn’t worth the time. With them an obvious stock color – and looking like the base model wheel that they are – at least I can take comfort that they won’t get stolen. Nor will the car look so flashy as to indicate a fancy stereo system lies within. i.e. “Hey – look how much money I have! Come on over and steal something from me.” (not the case with caps)
I wanted to run without the center hubs that stick out – but after swapping in all new wheel bearings, you’re damn right I want some dust-cappage over the hub area. I found some black, plastic, pipe tube caps from Fastenal that would have worked great – but there was a minimum quantity of 250 – so yeah – that didn’t happen. If someone can source 4 plastic dust caps that pop in flush – please let me know. The hub diameter is ~2-1/4”.
I thought about spacing the rears out – but again, not sure it’s worth it. Like any penny I can save/put toward something better – is a penny well saved.
For now – I will suffer through better highway mileage and ride – at the cost of looks and handling. At least the tires for these wheels are cheap..
Pic taken after bringing it down from stands after 6 years:
Leave a comment:
-
-
Oh! I Like that Alot!Leave a comment:
-
^^^^man that looks good!^^^^
wish some one made some like that in 4lug w/ low offsetsLeave a comment:
-
you laugh, but there are 16x7.5 bottlecaps.
Leave a comment:
-
-
waiting for my bumpers and trim.
Thinking about painting them but haven't decided yet. I'm also going to pick up some 15 or 20mm spacers when I get some extra cash.
I really like bottle caps!
Leave a comment:
-
Someone tell the guys at ESM to make a 16x9 bottlecap replica.
I would buy the heck out of those, in a heartbeat!Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
I think Im gonna paint mine a neon green or techno violet when i have 5 bucks to spare. At the moment, I need it to get it running though, so it will wait. But i have another idea for painting them
Leave a comment:
-
-





Leave a comment: