• Show
Clear All

Which of these tires would you select?

1. Dunlop Direzza
    2. Kumho ECSTA 4X11
    3. Kumho ECSTA PS 31
    4. Yokohama ADVAN FLEVA V701

The Yoko is too new to say.

The Dunlops suck unless it’s really hot out. (Note that there are many different Direzzas, but I’m assuming that you mean the DZ101.)

The Kumhos are also not great tires.

I’m actually fairly pleased with the General tires in E30ish sizes. They are Continental’s off brand.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Depends on what I needed them for.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
        The Yoko is too new to say.

The Dunlops suck unless it’s really hot out. (Note that there are many different Direzzas, but I’m assuming that you mean the DZ101.)

The Kumhos are also not great tires.

I’m actually fairly pleased with the General tires in E30ish sizes. They are Continental’s off brand.
        DZ102 don't know if they are appreciably different

Comment

I really love my PS31’s. But, I live in the south where its not below freezing much in the winter and obviously, there’s no snow.

For me these tires are very sticky, wear well, and ok in the rain but I really slow down in the rain to avoid wrecking my beloved car. Mine are 45’s, which I don’t plan to get again in the future, and they are very precise/direct/responsive.
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I'd probably do the DZ102's over the other three, Yokos being second only because my kumhos (KU31's) barely lasted a summer and had no traction to make up for the short life.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Can agree with above. Kumho ecstas were poor performers relative to my direzza zii's
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                Can agree with above. Kumho ecstas were poor performers relative to my direzza zii's
                Can confirm.

Had a set of Kumho Supra Ecstas when I first got my e30. They were the worst "new tires" I'd ever owned. They howled from new and were as hard as a hockey puck (on the plus side, they never wore out). Since then I only purchase tires from reputable brands i.e. Good Year, Conti, Pirelli etc. and usually the higher line.

That being said, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quiet performance of my Good Year Eagle Sport tires in 195/65/15. Comfy and quiet yet when pushing it around cloverleafs, they never fade/squeal/break loose. I'd say they are the best compromise for those who want a stock~ish look, yet want to retain the stock handling characteristics of the e30.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I like my dz102s

good three season.
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I used to buy Dunlop's until my then tire guy said they were purchased by, I believe, Uniroyal. He said stay away so I did. I'm on I think my 3rd set of Contis and am quite pleased with them but then we put Michelin's on Alice and that's a whole other level (and price).

It really depends on how you drive, tire size and your budget
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                        Depends on what I needed them for.
                        Daily driving, general enjoyment, no snow and I would slow down in the rain. I drove an E36 vert for 5 years in NH as a daily driver so I understand bad weather and small light cars.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
                          Ya, I know eh!

Who's this "Stan" character think he is anyway?!
                          Comin' up here disturbing our order of business.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I am thinking 205/55/15
                            Michelin Primacy HP
                            Pirelli cinturato P7

Comment

Not sure how hellbent you are on keeping OE size tires, but it's common to run 205/50R15 due to tire availability. They're 3.4% undersized.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                              X