Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey.. I have 16x7.5 et 20 and 16x9 et 10 staggered set of BBS RS replicas.

I dont want the stretched look. I want a nice meaty tire and I dont want the rim to poke out. What is the widest tire i can get??

My rear fenders are rolled and i have H&R sports about to go on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      They're not too small, but they do not have hubcentric lips. It makes balancing the wheels on the car much more difficult, and I never recommend such a setup.
      thank you Sir!...may sk your opinion if this will work??

8MM THICK PER SPACER
      H&R PN #16234571

Product Specification:
      8mm Thick Per Wheel
      4/100 Bolt Pattern
      57.1 Center Bore
      12x1.5 Thread Type
      Bolt Type
      DR Type

Comment

Originally posted by e30drop View Post
        Hey.. I have 16x7.5 et 20 and 16x9 et 10 staggered set of BBS RS replicas.

I dont want the stretched look. I want a nice meaty tire and I dont want the rim to poke out. What is the widest tire i can get??

My rear fenders are rolled and i have H&R sports about to go on as well.
        Then you have the wrong wheels.

A 9" wheel will almost always be a flush or near flush fitment, at the very least. In the case of those replicas, it's just about past the fender edge at ET10.

Because of that fitment, it's basically designed to be used with stretched tires. You are not mounting non-stretched tires (which would be 245s and up) without intensive bodywork.

If you want a meaty look without fender flaring you'd need the 16x7.5 ET20 version all around with 225/45/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother
          thank you Sir!...may sk your opinion if this will work??

8MM THICK PER SPACER
          H&R PN #16234571

Product Specification:

8mm Thick Per Wheel
          4/100 Bolt Pattern
          57.1 Center Bore
          12x1.5 Thread Type

Bolt Type
          DR Type
          Yeah, H&R is always a good bet.

Keep in mind what I said though. You could get bad vibrations with such a spacer. I'd HIGHLY recommend just getting a 15mm set. It'd look better too.

Comment

Jay I need a 2nd opinion.

17x7 +37 front and 17x7.5 +30 rear.

Rare nice looking wheels.... somewhat good price. Would these clear at a first glance? I'm iffy on the fronts, but since they are 17s, I'm thinking it'll clear the struts still. They are on 205/45/17s.

As for the brakes, there is some concave to the spokes, so I think I'm straight.

Edit: Ehh... comparing my 16x9s +9 (with 6mm spacer) to the 17x7s +37, I'd have 3mm LESS clearance inside, which is right on the nick of lightly scraping the strut..... if it was a 16x7. I'm thinking the extra inch gives me a few mm clearance from the strut, no?
            Last edited by Erick; 01-10-2009, 02:18 PM.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Would it be possible to put these on an E30? I really like them: click here

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post

Damn those would look ill! :pimp:
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  Damn those would look ill! :pimp:
                  Yeah they're made by Ronal and are 16"x8" et11 so they'd be pretty sick.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yeah they're made by Ronal and are 16"x8" et11 so they'd be pretty sick.
                    What's the bolt pattern? If it isn't 4 x 100, the adapter needed is going to push those into negative offset territory.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have 16x7.5 BBS Moda sports with 225/45/16 right now. Would 205/50ZR16 be stretched or make my speedo off?

Comment

Fronts: 15x8 et 14 205/50/15
                        Rears: 15x8.5 et9 205/50/15
                        Bolt Patter: 4x100

i just found these local to me. are they going to stick out or be flush?

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                          Jay I need a 2nd opinion.

17x7 +37 front and 17x7.5 +30 rear.

Rare nice looking wheels.... somewhat good price. Would these clear at a first glance? I'm iffy on the fronts, but since they are 17s, I'm thinking it'll clear the struts still. They are on 205/45/17s.

As for the brakes, there is some concave to the spokes, so I think I'm straight.

Edit: Ehh... comparing my 16x9s +9 (with 6mm spacer) to the 17x7s +37, I'd have 3mm LESS clearance inside, which is right on the nick of lightly scraping the strut..... if it was a 16x7. I'm thinking the extra inch gives me a few mm clearance from the strut, no?
                          Really rough rule of thumb: 1" of diameter gives ~6mm more clearance inside.

17x7 ET37 will definitely clear. There's guys running 17x7 ET40 universal 4x100 stuff on their E30s with no problem.

Comment

That's a tough one. Adapters will be a tough sell, as the offset is so low already. And since it's 4x100-5x112 which is an interference fitment...I think 20mm would be the slimmest possible adapter you could have made.

Fill and redrill would be the best route.

Comment

Originally posted by monoaural View Post
                              I have 16x7.5 BBS Moda sports with 225/45/16 right now. Would 205/50ZR16 be stretched or make my speedo off?
                              A very slight pull to the sidewall, but not stretched by most standards. The diameter is essentially the same as stock and 225/45, so the speedo is good.

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post
                                http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/981515614.html

Fronts: 15x8 et 14 205/50/15
                                Rears: 15x8.5 et9 205/50/15
                                Bolt Patter: 4x100

i just found these local to me. are they going to stick out or be flush?
                                That is a really good deal. And I can't believe how nice the Mini looks.

That's flush. You'll have to roll your rear fenders quite aggressively, but it will look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X