Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I set up a set of 17x8 et 15 wheels? Right now they have some 205/45/17s mounted on them, but it's time for new rubber so what's the ideal fitment? Spacers? They're going on an '87 iS w/ bilstein sports and h&r race springs, so there should be plenty of room...

Comment

About to order the spacers and studs, just wanted to doublecheck here first.

Wheels: 15x6.5 ET38
      Tires: 205/50/15
      Suspension: HR Race Billy Sports

Spacers: 20mm, right?
      Wheels Stud kit: 60mm, right?

Thanks guys.
      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
        About to order the spacers and studs, just wanted to doublecheck here first.

Wheels: 15x6.5 ET38
        Tires: 205/50/15
        Suspension: HR Race Billy Sports

Spacers: 20mm, right?
        Wheels Stud kit: 60mm, right?

Thanks guys.
        15 to 20mm spacers, yes. i am not sure about the studs.
        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
          15 to 20mm spacers, yes. i am not sure about the studs.
          Thanks Daniel.

Just going off of a previous post here. He wrote stock bolts are 32mm, plus the 20mm spacer, plus some extra would mean 60mm studs.
          turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
            Thanks Daniel.

Just going off of a previous post here. He wrote stock bolts are 32mm, plus the 20mm spacer, plus some extra would mean 60mm studs.
            ok. i wasnt sure what the stock length was, so i didnt want to comment. but then yes, 60mm would work.
            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
              ok. i wasnt sure what the stock length was, so i didnt want to comment. but then yes, 60mm would work.
              Well, after looking at Vorshlag's website, it says their 60mm stud kit is good for up to 10mm spacer, so i ended up ordering the 80mm kit just to be safe.
              turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by JonFreyr View Post
                15X8,5 ET10 in front and 15X9 ET00 in rear would be pretty fu**ing sweet. No doubt there !

I have a similar question, looking at buying 16X8,5 for front and 16X9,5 in the rear but wondering which offset to go for. Front would be ET10 or 15 but wondering what to do about the rears. My car is lowered 60/40 and it´s a Touring (if that even matters). I am a noob when it comes to buying wheels, that being said :) my goal is to avoid using spacers.

Has anyone here got a setup like the one I mentioned?
                Do the same offset with the rears. It will poke out very slightly more, and will look good. I'g suggest ET15 front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyops View Post
                  How should I set up a set of 17x8 et 15 wheels? Right now they have some 205/45/17s mounted on them, but it's time for new rubber so what's the ideal fitment? Spacers? They're going on an '87 iS w/ bilstein sports and h&r race springs, so there should be plenty of room...
                  I'd go 215/40/17. Even with early arches and lots of spring/damper strength, you may need a minor rear roll depending on the tire used.

Comment

Along ways off but this fall after I recover from the 24v swap I'm thinking of buying another set of wheels as a strictly stretch/street setup and possibly put a DOT R comp on the Works for auto-x/HPDE.

I will be running stiffer springs as well, probably 475f/650r or something close.

17 x 9 ET 10 - 205/40/17
                    17 x 9.5 ET 10 - 215/40/17

I figure that should be about an equal stretch front and rear while still allowing for a hint of stagger'd goodness.

Thoughts?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Along ways off but this fall after I recover from the 24v swap I'm thinking of buying another set of wheels as a strictly stretch/street setup and possibly put a DOT R comp on the Works for auto-x/HPDE.

I will be running stiffer springs as well, probably 475f/650r or something close.

17 x 9 ET 10 - 205/40/17
                      17 x 9.5 ET 10 - 215/40/17

I figure that should be about an equal stretch front and rear while still allowing for a hint of stagger'd goodness.

Thoughts?
                      That's extremely aggressive. I'd put them up to ET14, that's about the highest possible to clear the fronts. Even still, that's a really tough fit on the rear. Pulling will be necessary.

Comment

How would 16x8.5" et14 all around with 215/40/16 tires fit?
                        This is all with GC coilovers..

you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                          How would 16x8.5" et14 all around with 215/40/16 tires fit?
                          This is all with GC coilovers..
                          Nicely. May need a very basic roll on the back, but don't bother doing it before trying it out. It'll just be right there with stock fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            That's extremely aggressive. I'd put them up to ET14, that's about the highest possible to clear the fronts. Even still, that's a really tough fit on the rear. Pulling will be necessary.
                            Good to know, since you can custom order Works, I'd want to get the lowest offset possible for the most dish.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

15x9 et3 rear with 225/50/15... any chance they'll fit without murdering the fenders of my touring? car is on h&r sports

Thanks,
                              Julien
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                                15x9 et3 rear with 225/50/15... any chance they'll fit without murdering the fenders of my touring? car is on h&r sports

Thanks,
                                Julien
                                Hahaha not a chance homeboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X