Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I need some help figuring out fitment please.
    ‘91 318is, H&R oe sport, bilstein hd
    Wheels are BBS RS 033, I found the factory specs on them but I acquired these with bigger lips. When I measured with a tape measure, front lips are 3”, rear is 3.5”. The barrels measured 6” which don’t match with stock specs and would change the offset which I would like to figure out. I think 15x9.5 and 15x10 are too big and I don’t know want to roll fenders. Can someone tell me my offset and what smaller lip size I can fit?
    I measured backspacing at 5”, from back of the face to edge of the barrel.
    Factory measurement for RS 033 were, 15x6.5, 4x100, et34. 5/8” lip, 5 3/8” barrel.

Comment

Rims: 16x8J offset/ET35 all around
      Car: 316 4 door
      Springs 40/60mm
      rear: e36 compact axle
      front: z4 hubs

I plan to to put on the front 205/50/16 Toyo Proxes T1R and on the rear 225/45/16 Nexen N'Fera SU1.
      I probably will need to roll the fenders to clear the tires right?
      Currently it just squeezes in with 235/50/17 with ET42.

Comment

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
        Rims: 16x8J offset/ET35 all around
        Car: 316 4 door
        Springs 40/60mm
        rear: e36 compact axle
        front: z4 hubs

I plan to to put on the front 205/50/16 Toyo Proxes T1R and on the rear 225/45/16 Nexen N'Fera SU1.
        I probably will need to roll the fenders to clear the tires right?
        Currently it just squeezes in with 235/50/17 with ET42.

Since i already know the 235/50/17 ET42 barely fit without scraping i used this calculator to see how much difference there wold be with 225/45/16 ET35. Seems to be working, but will roll the fenders anyways.

Comment

Hello! I recently aquired a set of 17x8.5 ac Schnitzer type 1 monoblock et13 rims. I am planning to use them with 20mm 5x120 adapters. Question is, what tyre size i can use? Im not really a fan of stretching. I have an early pre coupe. What are the options?

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
            Hello! I recently aquired a set of 17x8.5 ac Schnitzer type 1 monoblock et13 rims. I am planning to use them with 20mm 5x120 adapters. Question is, what tyre size i can use? Im not really a fan of stretching. I have an early pre coupe. What are the options?
            Won't fit. Best option that i can think of is to sell the wheels.
            Ľ PARTS FOR SALE
            Ľ TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
              You would be at a -7 offset, unless you doing major fendor mods that will not fit at all.
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures for et13 17x8.5?

Comment

Oh wheel fitment masters out there, I need some help.

I'm changing up my set up a little bit. I currently have 16x8.5 ET 8 wheels with 205/45 tires. I'm going to go to a 16x8.5 et 20 setup. I'm imagining that it would fit with the 205/45 tires. However, would it be possible to run a 205/50 tire with the new et 20 setup? Would I need spacers to clear the front struts? The fenders are rolled/pulled already, and the car sits on H&R/Bilstein sports.

Thanks in advance for any help!
                  Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

Anyone have pics of 225/40/17 up front and 245/40/17 in rear or 225/45/17 and 2245/45/17?

Comment

Racing dynamics fitment

Hi, I'm really interested in buying a set of racing dynamic wheels. The following is a description of the size...Size = 16x8, offset 33mm
                      Lug spacing is 5 on 120mm.
                      Center bore = 72.56mm

Do you think these will fit if I get a set of 5x120 to 4x100 adapters? Do you think I'll need to roll the fenders? I will be going with toyos 225x45x16s. I have h&r race springs. Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
                        Hi, I'm really interested in buying a set of racing dynamic wheels. The following is a description of the size...Size = 16x8, offset 33mm
                        Lug spacing is 5 on 120mm.
                        Center bore = 72.56mm

Do you think these will fit if I get a set of 5x120 to 4x100 adapters? Do you think I'll need to roll the fenders? I will be going with toyos 225x45x16s. I have h&r race springs. Thanks
                        What MM are the adapters, most of them are 20 which would put you at a 13 offset. With 225s you will probably have to roll, you will also have a decent amount of poke (wheels outside the fenders).

For reference, I have 16x8 et23 and it fits perfect with 225/45R16, I could actually go out another MM or 2 if I wanted but I think its right where i want it right now in the front, the rear I will probably bump out a bit.

Comment

Nice, thank you for your advice. I haven't even thought of adapters yet, was just hoping the wheels would fit. Good news though...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
                            Nice, thank you for your advice. I haven't even thought of adapters yet, was just hoping the wheels would fit. Good news though...
                            Are these open wheels or do the bolts have a cover? If they are covered you could drill and fill then get 10mm spacers and you would get a perfect fit.

Comment

What’s up Staszek, you helped me about 10 years ago to get the right fitment for my C5 salad shooters and I’ve come for your help again!

I’ve recently purchased some ACS II monoblocks I want to fit on my car. I’m using Nasieg’s 5 lug kit so an e36 front bearing and I’ll be using the z4 rear hub to get me to five lug. The wheel specs are 17x8 et38 and they currently have a 225/45/17 installed. I want to fit a larger tire for when I do my engine swap but I’m not sure what size spacer to use or how big of a tire I can use. I’m thinking 235 or 245/40 though. I don’t want to be super stanced ( the car is currently on a H&R sport cup kit ) so I don’t mind if they aren’t flush. I’m more about tire on the ground.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
                                Whatís up Staszek, you helped me about 10 years ago to get the right fitment for my C5 salad shooters and Iíve come for your help again!

Iíve recently purchased some ACS II monoblocks I want to fit on my car. Iím using Nasiegís 5 lug kit so an e36 front bearing and Iíll be using the z4 rear hub to get me to five lug. The wheel specs are 17x8 et38 and they currently have a 225/45/17 installed. I want to fit a larger tire for when I do my engine swap but Iím not sure what size spacer to use or how big of a tire I can use. Iím thinking 235 or 245/40 though. I donít want to be super stanced ( the car is currently on a H&R sport cup kit ) so I donít mind if they arenít flush. Iím more about tire on the ground.

Thank you!
                                Let me think about that one. Haha I gave advice 10 years ago and it worked lol :)

Comment

Working...
                                X