Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay,

I finally got the Borbet type Cs, got my 15mm spacers, and decided to try G Force sports. So, in 16" what would you do for size, 215/40s? (By the way it is a 1989 325i)

Thanks,

Ron

Here are the 16" sizes for reference

205/40
    205/45
    205/50
    205/55
    215/40
    215/55
    225/50
    225/55
    245/50
    255/50

Comment

Originally posted by ron k View Post
      Jay,

I finally got the Borbet type Cs, got my 15mm spacers, and decided to try G Force sports. So, in 16" what would you do for size, 215/40s? (By the way it is a 1989 325i)

Thanks,

Ron

Here are the 16" sizes for reference

205/40
      205/45
      205/50
      205/55
      215/40
      215/55
      225/50
      225/55
      245/50
      255/50

The only "correct" size on that list is the 205/50/16. This will also fit nicely, your wheels will already be a little close to the fenders, and these tires are fairly beefy.

Great choice!

Jay

Comment

Thanks much...ordering tomorrow!

Ron

Comment

i've been wanting to get 17x9's with a +15 i havnt seen many people doing it, im not concerned with fender rolling the car needs a respray anyway, any spacer or tire size advice? anyone know of any pics of e30's running 17x9's? i havent seen any

Comment

hey so everyone on bimmerforums told me to come here with this question. Basically i am interested in running some sportmax 002's, more than likely runb a 15X8. In the rear i am wanting the zero offset, and they are now available in +15, which i wanna run in the front. If i run that combo, any idas on tire sizes, and whether or not i will need to roll my fenders? Also instead of rolling my fenders if it is sorta "iffy", could i just stretch the tires. The car has not been lowered yet, although it is in the works
            Now in college and away from my shop i have almost no time, and i cant roll the fenders here w/o tools, os if this need be done does almost any body shop do it? If i lower it wha will i need to do then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
            sigpic

Comment

i have a question jay, if you can help.

i want to run 16 by 7 inch wheels on my 89 cabby. i think they are 4 by 108. i plan on lowering the car soon i wanted to know which tire would be better 205/40 or 215/45 or 225/50????? i will be running a medium suspension setup if that matters!!! also will i have to use spacers or anything of that nature??? any help would be great !!! thanx
              may not be faster but it is a hellava lot funner!!!!!:pimp::pimp: (free the fun, funner is a word)

Comment

Originally posted by alane View Post
                i've been wanting to get 17x9's with a +15 i havnt seen many people doing it, im not concerned with fender rolling the car needs a respray anyway, any spacer or tire size advice? anyone know of any pics of e30's running 17x9's? i havent seen any
                Lots of E30's running very wide 17's, try some of the German E30 sites (like e30.de or whatever it is). I just helped a local friend mount some 17x10s.

17x9 ET15 will work perfectly without a spacer (it's seriously almost dead-on ideal), and without too too much fender work 215/40/17's will stetch on nicely. If you're really worried about the fenders go for 205/40/17 (but make sure a local shop can mount such a difficult stretch).

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.sexymorningvoice View Post
                  hey so everyone on bimmerforums told me to come here with this question. Basically i am interested in running some sportmax 002's, more than likely runb a 15X8. In the rear i am wanting the zero offset, and they are now available in +15, which i wanna run in the front. If i run that combo, any idas on tire sizes, and whether or not i will need to roll my fenders? Also instead of rolling my fenders if it is sorta "iffy", could i just stretch the tires. The car has not been lowered yet, although it is in the works
                  Now in college and away from my shop i have almost no time, and i cant roll the fenders here w/o tools, os if this need be done does almost any body shop do it? If i lower it wha will i need to do then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
                  I responsed to your PM.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by osoquicke30 View Post
                    i have a question jay, if you can help.

i want to run 16 by 7 inch wheels on my 89 cabby. i think they are 4 by 108. i plan on lowering the car soon i wanted to know which tire would be better 205/40 or 215/45 or 225/50????? i will be running a medium suspension setup if that matters!!! also will i have to use spacers or anything of that nature??? any help would be great !!! thanx
                    Well first off, E30s are 4x100. So unless those are some one of a kind wheels that you absolutely need to have, don't get them.

Jay

Comment

16" Kopi wheels revisited

Any interest in 16" x 7" Kopi wheels?
                      I'm close to convincing the factory to make them for us.
                      Attached Files
                      Mel Abrahams
                      Abrahams Motorsport
                      www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      PayPal to:
                      order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                      Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                      Phone:727-992-0288
                      Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
                        Any interest in 16" x 7" Kopi wheels?
                        I'm close to convincing the factory to make them for us.
                        What's the original spec on those? ET22 or something, right?

I don't want to interrupt but please note that this thread is for wheel fitment questions mainly. Now tell me the offset and I'll keep it on track. :D

Jay

Comment

They'll be ET 20

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          What's the original spec on those? ET22 or something, right?

I don't want to interrupt but please note that this thread is for wheel fitment questions mainly. Now tell me the offset and I'll keep it on track. :D

Jay
                          Mel Abrahams
                          Abrahams Motorsport
                          www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                          E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                          PayPal to:
                          order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                          If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                          Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                          Phone:727-992-0288
                          Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Quick question. I am aware of tire stretching etc. Blah blah blah, been there and spent lots of time in this area.

By putting the e30 m3 suspension on in place of the standard 325 4 lug, isnt each hub out another 5mm? So technically if I had a wheel at 20 offset in 4 lug, and wanted it to be in the exact position with the 5 lug, it would have to be et25?

I know the rear is 5mm wider so I am told, but is the front as well?

I am looking at some et11 16x8 wheels going onto the e30 with m3 susp, and I think comparing it to a standard e30 4 lug car, it would then in turn technically be at et6 right? And if so, is this all the way around?

Anyone have a direct down the side shot of anything near these size/offsets showing how much it sticks out from the fender?
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok. Can 205/50/15 RA-1's fit on a 15x8?
                              '89 325i track sloot
                              '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                                Quick question. I am aware of tire stretching etc. Blah blah blah, been there and spent lots of time in this area.

By putting the e30 m3 suspension on in place of the standard 325 4 lug, isnt each hub out another 5mm? So technically if I had a wheel at 20 offset in 4 lug, and wanted it to be in the exact position with the 5 lug, it would have to be et25?

I know the rear is 5mm wider so I am told, but is the front as well?

I am looking at some et11 16x8 wheels going onto the e30 with m3 susp, and I think comparing it to a standard e30 4 lug car, it would then in turn technically be at et6 right? And if so, is this all the way around?

Anyone have a direct down the side shot of anything near these size/offsets showing how much it sticks out from the fender?
                                What's the source on the info for M3 hubs being 5mm further out? I've never heard of that, and know of E30 5-lug guys running wheel setups identical in fitment to 4-lug.

In any case, ET11 16x8 is aggressive as hell.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X