Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have tried figuring this out using guides but cant seem to get it right. I found a set of 15x8 gottis with 5x144.3 -13 et. I was thinking of filling and re-drilling or running adapters. Would it even be possible to run adapters? Btw this is on an early body car with rolled and pulled arches
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

Comment

anyone know if it's possible to safely redrill 17x8 et20 style 5's to 4x100? a lot of people say it can't be done.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

trm c1 15x7 and 15x8

Thinking of running tr motorsports c1 15x7 in the front with 205's and 15x8 in the back with 225's. Would there be any problems running a setup like this?

Comment

Thought I would throw up some pics of the fitment you guys recommended, I love it, thanks!

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
          HSAX Instructor

Comment

This has probably been asked before... but is there any chance of running a 16x9 et 20 in the rear (late model) and tuck wheel?
            Last edited by VicSkimmr; 09-29-2010, 07:43 AM.
            Jason
            flickr

Comment

I planning on running style 5s with 225/45R16 all the way around.

What else would I need to get/do besides hubcentric rings and maybe a front roll?

Do i need spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by duckBoy View Post
                I planning on running style 5s with 225/45R16 all the way around.

What else would I need to get/do besides hubcentric rings and maybe a front roll?

Do i need spacers?
                I'm in the process of doing the same, picked up my wheels yesterday. Are you redrilling or are you 5lug? If you're 4 lug we have a lot to talk about haha
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                  I'm in the process of doing the same, picked up my wheels yesterday. Are you redrilling or are you 5lug? If you're 4 lug we have a lot to talk about haha
                  Yeah, i am doing the 4lug redrill. is that what you're doing as well? We could take this to a pm or aim.

Comment

aim pm'd acronyms ftw lol ttyl
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
                      Question to experts.
                      I got this setup (as below in the quote).
                      I noticed a bad handling characteristics. Basically when I'm breaking hard from high speeds, the car is wandering, quite abruptly, therefore constant steering input is required while breaking to keep it straight. It just doesn't feel very safe or nice TBH.
                      I suspect this is because front wheels centerline is now ~20mm outside (as opposed to stock bottlecaps), and because these tires have much more grip when breaking, I suspect this exerts significantly larger forces on the control arm bushing (I use urethane bushes), and in effect front wheel geometry is forced into toe-out situation under heavy breaking causing the described characteristics ?

Could anybody comment on my theory ? or perhaps confirm that with similar setup are getting similar behavior ? any other theories or perhaps hints on what to try to fix this issue ? I was thinking maybe solid buschings - not 100% solid but on which the movement is very restricted ?

Thanks,
                      Mops.
                      Your wheel ceterline is only 4mm off a stock 15" non-US spec setup. I don't have any ideas as to what your exact issue is, there's just far too many variables to comb through.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                        What size tires would you recommend for 16x8.5 et 13 wheels in the rear with e30 m3 5 lug? Fenders can be rolled flat. Pricing and availability friendly preferred.
                        205/45 or 225/40 would be my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                          Ok I have tried figuring this out using guides but cant seem to get it right. I found a set of 15x8 gottis with 5x144.3 -13 et. I was thinking of filling and re-drilling or running adapters. Would it even be possible to run adapters? Btw this is on an early body car with rolled and pulled arches
                          Not even remotely close to working, no matter what you do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            anyone know if it's possible to safely redrill 17x8 et20 style 5's to 4x100? a lot of people say it can't be done.
                            It's been done. Not sure if it's safe or how long it will last, but it's been done and I haven't heard any horror stories yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stevetrocs View Post
                              Thinking of running tr motorsports c1 15x7 in the front with 205's and 15x8 in the back with 225's. Would there be any problems running a setup like this?
                              Just understeer. No issues otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                                This has probably been asked before... but is there any chance of running a 16x9 et 20 in the rear (late model) and tuck wheel?
                                Only with a slight fender pull, and 205 or smaller tires. And sky-high linear spring rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X