Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dantes View Post
    want to run BBS rs025 16x8 et36 will work with h&r race and Bilstein Sport - fronts e90 hats?
    I know I need to run the adapters, witch ones and what tire size you recommend?
    20mm adapters all around, 205/45 tires. This won't need fender rolling.

20mm F / 25mm R adapters, 205/45 tires. Will need a rear roll, will look dope.

Comment

I picked up these BBS RX's for a steal of a price. :-D

Will they fit properly with an 18mm adapter and 215/40/17?

Specs:
      5X112
      17x8
      ET35

Comment

With an aggressive roll/pull, could I run at 235/50/17? I'm looking into some style 19's with them (I'll use custom adapters) and I'm not sure how bad it would be to run a tire 2.3" oversized.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by cardnation View Post
          I picked up these BBS RX's for a steal of a price. :-D

Will they fit properly with an 18mm adapter and 215/40/17?

Specs:
          5X112
          17x8
          ET35

Yup! Perfect fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
            With an aggressive roll/pull, could I run at 235/50/17? I'm looking into some style 19's with them (I'll use custom adapters) and I'm not sure how bad it would be to run a tire 2.3" oversized.
            Not even close, you're looking at a 195/45 or 205/40.

Comment

Sorry if this has been beat to death, I have 18" staggered style 5's. The offset on the 18's is the same as the 17x8 5's which is et 20. Whats the smallest size spacer I could get away with and clear the front calipers? They've been filled and drilled, I really don't want to go bigger than 5mm.
              I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
              Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                Sorry if this has been beat to death, I have staggered style 5's. The offset on the 18's is the same as the 17x8 5's which is et 20. Whats the smallest size spacer I could get away with and clear the front calipers? They've been filled and drilled, I really don't want to go bigger than .
                What you could do to double check is cut up some cardboard and do test fits.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yeah, but I know somebody has 17x8 et20 style 5's and know's what spacer is needed. I'm finding answers through searching only for the e38 16" style 5's

Comment

Yeah, but I know somebody has 17x8 et20 style 5's and know's what spacer is needed. I'm finding answers through searching only for the e38 16" style 5's
                    Calipers can vary from car to car, whether that be due to non-oem replacements or pad wear...etc. Because of this I tend to like testing myself, especially on these old cars.

What I've done in the past, is buy a couple bags of 1mm washers. Stack a few together and tape them up. Mock the wheels up and see how they fit. Guaranteed perfect fit every time.

Total investment about $2.50

Comment

What I've done in the past, is buy a couple bags of washers. Stack a few together and tape them up. Mock the wheels up and see how they fit. Guaranteed perfect fit every time.

That's not a bad idea. I'm gonna have to steal that...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Calipers can vary from car to car, whether that be due to non-oem replacements or pad wear...etc. Because of this I tend to like testing myself, especially on these old cars.

What I've done in the past, is buy a couple bags of 1mm washers. Stack a few together and tape them up. Mock the wheels up and see how they fit. Guaranteed perfect fit every time.

Where do you get your 1mm washers from? I just came back from home depot all I could find was 2mm

Comment

Where do you get your 1mm washers from? I just came back from home depot all I could find was 2mm
                          We have a nuts and bolts hardware (not Lowes hardware) store here that sells just about everything, hardware/fastener wise.

With that said, 2mm would get the job done as well, since these are only for judgment/guestimation.

Comment

widest tire i can fit on a 17x7.5?

Comment

The wheels are BBS RS 16x8.5 +18 and 16x9 +12.5. What tire size do you recommend for a s52 swapped convertible e30 with rolled fenders?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                                widest tire i can fit on a 17x7.5?
                                235/40 is about the most you'll want on there. Offset has to be dead-on for it to work (+22 to +27 should do it).

Comment

Working...
                                X