Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    225/45 fits no problem with a rear fender roll. If you're after grip then 205/50 Dunlop Z1 or 215/45 Kumho XS.

Last one haha Can i run 205/50 on my 16x8 +20. with NO fender clearance issues on fully stock fenders?
    (again running the H&K race springs, switching to coilovers soon)

sigpic

Comment

What brand would you suggest for a 16x7? Im looking for something sporty that will get a decent life. Right now I have 195/45/16 and im looking to go a little wider like a 205 or 215. Thanks!
      sigpic
      IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Not even close. Stay away from 0 offset wheels, to run 225s you need +20 or higher.

thanks for the help brother

Comment

Ok so from my research I understand I could stretch the same tires from my bottlecaps onto a 14x8. Now to clear i need an offset of 10mm and rolled fenders. I got all this pretty clear but, my questions are... Does anybody know if bassett's d window wheels have the correct center bore and what is the backspacing for a wheel with those specs? And thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
            Ah, so that extra 5mm is too much? Dang. Thanks for the reply.

How much pulling would be required? Front or rear, or both? Tires would likely be Falken 912's, if that helps. I seem to remember reading that some Falken tires run a bit small for their labeled size... although I have no first-hand knowledge.
            The bulging that 15" tires do causes fitment nightmares. If you look at the specs, a 225/45/16 is half an inch narrower in section width than a 225/50/15 on the same width wheel.

912s run slightly smaller than average, the old 512s run very narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech2bmw View Post
              Hi, new to this forum. Wheel specs are: 15x8.0, et12 (front) and 15x8.5, et6 (rear). Would 205/50/15 be ok and will the guards require rolling? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
              Definitely needs rolling on the rear, nothing for the front. Rear will rub if you don't have high enough of a spring rate (I'd say 650lb/in plus, or 12kg/mm).

Comment

Originally posted by pyrofire127 View Post
                Last one haha Can i run 205/50 on my 16x8 +20. with NO fender clearance issues on fully stock fenders?
                (again running the H&K race springs, switching to coilovers soon)
                Just barely. A tire that runs wide may just scrub with a large enough suspension compression.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
                  What brand would you suggest for a 16x7? Im looking for something sporty that will get a decent life. Right now I have 195/45/16 and im looking to go a little wider like a 205 or 215. Thanks!
                  Yokohama S.drive is a great daily driver. Hankook V12 too but I don't think it comes in E30 sizes much.

Comment

I'm looking for an opinion on Apex ARC-8 tire size. I currently have a set of tires that are 215/45/17. Apex reccomends 215/40/15 if you don't want to roll. I really don't want to roll. Is it a big difference between my 45 and the 40 tires? Should I fork out the money or is the difference even noticable? Thanks! Oh. I have a 1 and 1/2 inch drop.
                    sigpic

Comment

My car: 1989 325i with lightly rolled fenders.

I found a set of true 3-piece wheels that I may purchase depending on their fitment. Here are their specs: 16x7.0 4x114.3 +22 as they sit now. I'd like to put 2" lips on them to make them all 9" wide.

What width 4x100 to 114.3 adapters would I need to get these to fit on my E30? What else would I have to do to get them to fit?

Thank you
                      Last edited by ACHTUNG; 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM.
                      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chief View Post
                        I'm looking for an opinion on Apex ARC-8 tire size. I currently have a set of tires that are 215/45/17. Apex reccomends 215/40/15 if you don't want to roll. I really don't want to roll. Is it a big difference between my 45 and the 40 tires? Should I fork out the money or is the difference even noticable? Thanks! Oh. I have a 1 and 1/2 inch drop.
                        You might rub in the rear with 215/45, but I'd bet not. Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                          My car: 1989 325i with lightly rolled fenders.

I found a set of true 3-piece wheels that I may purchase depending on their fitment. Here are their specs: 16x7.0 4x114.3 +22 as they sit now. I'd like to put 2" lips on them to make them all 9" wide.

What width 4x100 to 114.3 adapters would I need to get these to fit on my E30? What else would I have to do to get them to fit?

Thank you
                          Won't work. They would turn into 16x9 -21 at the best (18mm adapters). Not even close to fitting.

If you redrill, then there are more options.

Comment

Won't work. They would turn into 16x9 -21 at the best (18mm adapters). Not even close to fitting.

If you redrill, then there are more options.
                            Tell me about my options if I do a fill and drill.
                            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Hey what are the fastest (widest) tires you can purchase for a 14" rim

Comment

Working...
                              X