Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldtl View Post
    The wheels are BBS RS 16x8.5 +18 and 16x9 +12.5. What tire size do you recommend for a s52 swapped convertible e30 with rolled fenders?
    205/45 and 215/45, respectively.

Comment

How about M-SystemII's on a late model car with E30M3 suspension? Want as little stretch as possible.

Wheel specs:

17x8 et20 front
      17x9 et22 rear
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Okay so im coming on 15x8, i would like a decent poke so any problem with 0 offset or if not +20? Running on Vogtland springs and as well getting e90 drop hats, so what tires can i run to clean up the gap as much as possible..215/50 rear? 205/50 front????

Comment

How do I make style 42s from an e39 with 235/45/17 fit on my 86 325e ?

5x120 bolt pattern. 17x8 et 20

I either drill and fill or swap in 5lug right? But once I do that, how do I get the wheels to fit? Gotta have big tires for my planned 400hp

and if I dont do the 5 lug, whats the best tire size for 400hp? Im worried about not being able to put all that power to proper use
          Last edited by dhcg86; 07-11-2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhcg86 View Post

I either drill and fill or swap in 5lug right? But once I do that, how do I get the wheels to fit? Gotta have big tires for my planned 400hp
            235/45 might as well be monster truck tires on these little old E30's.

I rolled one of my A4 wheels (same specs as above) up against my vert, and I couldn't even lower the jack down.

Comment

sigh, all the more reason to get a good 16" wheel with some wide sticky tires

Comment

the 17x7.5 are +45 how would those fit? im eventually going to roll the fenders if that helps

Comment

17.5J x16 ET 35, borbet type Cs.

they also appear to have some flat spots in 2 of the tyres.

Can I use these on my e30 without spacers? Will spacers allow me to run wider tires in the rear?

Should I worry about the flat spots?

Sorry for all the questions; Im a noob!

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                    How about M-SystemII's on a late model car with E30M3 suspension? Want as little stretch as possible.

Wheel specs:

17x8 et20 front
                    17x9 et22 rear
                    215/40 F 245/35 R is ideal. Requires a flat rear roll and linear, high spring rates. Otherwise 215/40 all around.

Comment

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
                      Okay so im coming on 15x8, i would like a decent poke so any problem with 0 offset or if not +20? Running on Vogtland springs and as well getting e90 drop hats, so what tires can i run to clean up the gap as much as possible..215/50 rear? 205/50 front????
                      There's guys running the +0 15x8s but I think they look terrible without lots of front camber. I'd suggest +20 with 10mm rear spacers. 205/50 all round.

Comment

and if I dont do the 5 lug, whats the best tire size for 400hp? Im worried about not being able to put all that power to proper use
                        Tires are useless. I wouldn't trust redrilled wheels with that much power, and with adapters you can't fit wide tires.

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                          the 17x7.5 are +45 how would those fit? im eventually going to roll the fenders if that helps
                          Needs massive spacers, 25mm all around minimum to look decent.

Comment

17.5J x16 ET 35, borbet type Cs.

they also appear to have some flat spots in 2 of the tyres.

Can I use these on my e30 without spacers? Will spacers allow me to run wider tires in the rear?

Should I worry about the flat spots?

Sorry for all the questions; Im a noob!
                            They need spacers. 15mm all around is ideal. 225/45 can fit all around. Try rolling on them to see how bad the flat spots vibrate (put them on the rear).

Comment

I don't know why my brain can't figure this out but here's a 3-piece wheel scenario for you to help me calculate:

The 3-piece wheels are 16 X 7.5 et 23 with 1" lips. What would be the new wheel offset if I added 2" lips?

Using an online split rim offset calculator I came up with the new wheel width as 8.5" and the offset would be et 10.3. Did I calculate this correctly? If so, how would this new width and offset fit on a late model 325i?
                              Last edited by ACHTUNG; 07-12-2012, 06:55 PM.
                              1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                              Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                                I don't know why my brain can't figure this out but here's a 3-piece wheel scenario for you to help me calculate:

The 3-piece wheels are 16 X 7.5 et 23 with 1" lips. What would be the new wheel offset if I added 2" lips?
                                1 inch = 25.4 mm

So 23-25.4= -2.4mm

I've had a long day so check my math. :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X