Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
    17x8.5 Et-7 on E34. Thoughts?
    I know exactly nothing about E34s.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
      17x8 +0 all around? How do I make it work.
      Lots of front camber and 195/45 or 205/40 tires. Rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAdam View Post
        Just picked up some wheels, Gonna slam, camber etc. I plan on tucking tire in the rear a little. any advice on tire sizes??

BBS RS
        16X8.5 +10
        16X9.5 +15

I was thinking
        205/45/16
        215/45/16
        any thoughts?
        Sounds good. Rear roll required.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
          15x8 +10 offset
          early model on hr race springs. Also what's a good tire size.
          205/50

Comment

Originally posted by dhcg86 View Post
            17.5J x16 ET 35, borbet type Cs.

Can I do any wider of a tire with 20mm spacers?

Should I just get a wider wheel set? Or even a staggered set?
            No, 225/45 is your limit on the 7.5"

Comment

Originally posted by cabriodster87 View Post
              What are tire size options for Bcaps other than 195/65/14? Could 215/60/14 be the only possibility?

meaning the circumference will be very close, with a wider tread.
              If you're doing it for looks, go ahead. But nothing in 14" street tires will grip better than the 195/60/14 options.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                Looking at Borbet Type A wheels
                16x7.5 et +20 all around for now, unsure of 16x9 offsets
                Car rides on German Engineering Coilovers, Bilstien Sport Struts

Going for a flush look. Recommend spacers or good as is? Also, unsure of the appropriate tire size. Was thinking a 195-45-16 or 195-40-16.
                Also, cannot roll fenders. Super rusty northern car with horribly rusty fender.

Thanks,
                Nick
                Hard to go flush with a 7.5". 195/45 is a good choice. Ballpark 10mm front 15mm rear spacers but it will be very tough without fender rolling.

Comment

thank you very very much for your guidance

Comment

Hey iv been reading threw & from what i gathered not sure ill be able to run my wheel size.
                    Right now my setep is 16x8 +20 with a 195/45 "was gonna go stance shit with another car" & im wondering if i can run 225/50's My car is on IE stage 3's so think its a 2in front & 1.5 rear Rear & front fenders are rolled already. I love the height my car sits & just wanna fill out the wheel gap as seen in sig .
                    Last edited by Eurotrash727; 07-18-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      If you're doing it for looks, go ahead. But nothing in 14" street tires will grip better than the 195/60/14 options.
                      Thank you, I am leaning towards the Falken ZE912 195/65 after all.
                      sigpic
                      Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotrash727 View Post
                        Hey iv been reading threw & from what i gathered not sure ill be able to run my wheel size.
                        Right now my setep is 16x8 +20 with a 195/45 "was gonna go stance shit with another car" & im wondering if i can run 225/50's My car is on IE stage 3's so think its a 2in front & 1.5 rear Rear & front fenders are rolled already. I love the height my car sits & just wanna fill out the wheel gap as seen in sig .
                        225/45 is the more correct size. I've seen people pull off 225/50 with that wheel but I'm certain they rub.

Comment

Need tire recommendations for the following wheel setup. These would be for a late model E30 with mildly rolled fenders. What is the biggest tire that would fit?

All four wheels: 16" x 8.5" et10
                          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Could it be possible that my wheels 16x7.5 with a 21540r16 tire could be rubbing? ive been baffled as to why my wheels keep wobbling i looked at the strut and there appears be rubbing marks but ive seen people run 225's with out spacers.. i know i dont have the rings yet but my previous wheels were 17x7 and didnt wobble without the rings and they had a waaaaay bigger bore than these

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              225/45 is the more correct size. I've seen people pull off 225/50 with that wheel but I'm certain they rub.
                              Word, damn 225/45 is such a weird size not trying to spend 500+ $ on a set of tires. hmmm.

Comment

Wow, after five years, you're still keeping up with this thread. I commend you on your efforts good sir!

I have a question for you. Which side of the rear of the E30 pokes more? I think it's the same on all of them. I have 5mm and 6mm spacers and want to use each on the according side that pokes more... Is that ridiculous or what? Haha.
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X