Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    The shop that was selling them was some ebay-in-real-life tuner junk store. I bought the last set for the Sentra:

Just go for ESM reps, I've seen them in person and they are almost identical to these. I know a few shops retail ESM in Toronto, maybe you can find one in Ottawa. 205/45, 205/40, 215/40 are all good sizes.
    Thx for the quick replay Mr I have been looking for ESM-002r for a month but they are out of 16x8 ET20 and ET15, so I have to go with 17x8.5 Et20 and I have been told they wont fit !!?. just like the way BBS look and saving for the real once next summer :) . didn't know finding Reps will be pain in the b## , there is nothing in Ottawa my friend , Toronto or Quebec!!.

Comment

Originally posted by weew379 View Post
      Thx for the quick replay Mr I have been looking for ESM-002r for a month but they are out of 16x8 ET20 and ET15, so I have to go with 17x8 Et20 and I have been told they wont fit !!?. just like the way BBS look and saving for the real once next summer :) . didn't know finding Reps will be pain in the b## , there is nothing in Ottawa my friend , Toronto or Quebec!!.
      ESM 17x8.5 +20 fits E30s fine if you use 205/40 tires (moderate stretch).

Comment

oh thx man your the best in the west :). but I don't think I am gonna be able to run 40 in Ottawa roads , 45 and still you gotta watch for the holes bigger than my head everywhere you go!!. sad thing!.
        Thank you kindly

Comment

Wheels to fit a 90 325IS, the wheels are BBS RS 025 16x9 with a et36, is there a adapters made to fit this, from the 5x120 to a 4x100, with the et36,

I know I could fill and drill, but if I can get adapters I can use them on the M3 also,

Mystikal I hear you have the knowledge for my question, thanks in advance,

I don't know the hub size, but the BBS page says there for a 80's vette,
          88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Too much rear tire. 245/xx/16 tire choices are horrible anyway.

16x8.5 +17 225/45/16 square. Just roll the rear fenders flat and use a high-ish spring rate (500lb/in rear or more).
            Thanks for that.

I was looking at available tire sizes today and was disappointed by the 245 mm choices.

I wanted a staggered setup to offset the M62 that's going into the car but I guess I don't really need it. 235s wouldn't be worth the bother and 255s are starting to negate the whole point of moving from a car that took supercar tire sizes to something small and light like the E30 ($$$).

I was hoping for Starspecs for street, V710s for track and autocross... or tire choices along those lines.

Unless you can suggest another option?

Comment

Originally posted by weew379 View Post
              oh thx man your the best in the west :). but I don't think I am gonna be able to run 40 in Ottawa roads , 45 and still you gotta watch for the holes bigger than my head everywhere you go!!. sad thing!.
              Thank you kindly
              Oh c'mon, Ottawa roads aren't that bad! I've got 235/30-18 snow tires on my A4! LOL

Comment

Hi there,

I am planning to buy keskin kt4 wheels. Front 8x17 offset 35 with tires 205/45 (spacer 15 mm?), rear 9x17 offset 30 with tires 225/40 (spacer 20mm?)

What kind of spacers do i need if i don't want to roll my fenders?

The car is -87 325i m technic 1 with koni shocks and -35mm HR springs.

am i on the right track, or do i need to rethink the tire sizes again?

Comment

Currently running 205/45/16 tires that are dangerously bald.
                  just bought 20mm spacers all around
                  Have 16x7 et15~20 wheels and looking to lower my coils a little more and tuck a moderate amount of tire.
                  My fenders are already rolled and maybe even slightly pulled (did it 2 years ago "just in case")

Is 195/50/16 going to be a better idea? or am I even going to notice the difference?

pics of current setup if it helps:

Thanks in advance

Comment

how's about some advice for 16" tires for 16x8 ET24, 16x8.5 ET18 BEE BEE ESSES?

BBS by Jace B., on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
                      Wheels to fit a 90 325IS, the wheels are BBS RS 025 16x9 with a et36, is there a adapters made to fit this, from the 5x120 to a 4x100, with the et36,

I know I could fill and drill, but if I can get adapters I can use them on the M3 also,

Mystikal I hear you have the knowledge for my question, thanks in advance,

I don't know the hub size, but the BBS page says there for a 80's vette,
                      25mm front adapter, 30mm rear for a flush fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by reece146 View Post
                        Thanks for that.

I was looking at available tire sizes today and was disappointed by the 245 mm choices.

I wanted a staggered setup to offset the M62 that's going into the car but I guess I don't really need it. 235s wouldn't be worth the bother and 255s are starting to negate the whole point of moving from a car that took supercar tire sizes to something small and light like the E30 ($$$).

I was hoping for Starspecs for street, V710s for track and autocross... or tire choices along those lines.

Unless you can suggest another option?
                        For sure, Dunlop ZII's in 225/45/16 are like a gift from the tire gods to the E30 community. Top tier tires don't come in such ideal sizes any more.

Comment

Originally posted by nipery View Post
                          Hi there,

I am planning to buy keskin kt4 wheels. Front 8x17 offset 35 with tires 205/45 (spacer 15 mm?), rear 9x17 offset 30 with tires 225/40 (spacer 20mm?)

What kind of spacers do i need if i don't want to roll my fenders?

The car is -87 325i m technic 1 with koni shocks and -35mm HR springs.

am i on the right track, or do i need to rethink the tire sizes again?
                          If you don't want to roll, you're limited to 15mm front and 5mm in the rear.

You're also looking at a rear tire size that doesn't really exist.

I'd suggest (knowing you don't want to roll):
                          F: 15mm spacers, 215/40 tires
                          R: No spacers, 235/40 tires

Comment

Originally posted by Swagg View Post
                            Currently running 205/45/16 tires that are dangerously bald.
                            just bought 20mm spacers all around
                            Have 16x7 et15~20 wheels and looking to lower my coils a little more and tuck a moderate amount of tire.
                            My fenders are already rolled and maybe even slightly pulled (did it 2 years ago "just in case")

Is 195/50/16 going to be a better idea? or am I even going to notice the difference?

pics of current setup if it helps:

Thanks in advance
                            I'd try 195/45 before 195/50. It's too tall and creates clearance issues when you're aiming for flush.

A final offset of 0 to +5 should be ideal for a 16x7 and 195/45.

Comment

Originally posted by OEM+ View Post
                              how's about some advice for 16" tires for 16x8 ET24, 16x8.5 ET18 BEE BEE ESSES?

BBS by Jace B., on Flickr
                              225/45/16 all around, rear fenders rolled.

Comment

If you don't want to roll, you're limited to 15mm front and 5mm in the rear.

You're also looking at a rear tire size that doesn't really exist.

I'd suggest (knowing you don't want to roll):
                                F: 15mm spacers, 215/40 tires
                                R: No spacers, 235/40 tires
                                does 9x17 et 30 rear wheels fit without spacers?

Comment

Working...
                                X