Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
    I have a set of 18"x8" wheels with an unknown offset, what's the proper method to determine the offset?
    For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Seriously though http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...T-on-your-Rims

Comment

Hahaha! That's the easy way out! I'd rather receive personalized attention from a wheel guru on R3v! (Thanks, btw) :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        205/50 is likely the best option. Here's what it looks like: http://tyrestretch.com/9_205_50_R16/
        Thanks so much for your response. I just want to confirm, this size will fit all around or just fronts?

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Tires are too large to work with 16x9s, unfortunately. Maybe with absolute fender hacking but otherwise...nope. Sorry.

Aloha,

my 205/50/16 tires have plenty of life left and wondering if i can re-used them on ..

16x8 et25 and 16x9 et10 with 20mm 4x100 to 5x114 adaptors

current setup:

- 15mm spacer
          - 16x7 et27
          - 16x7.5 et35
          - coilovers
          - gc c/c plates
          - k-mac adjt t/a bushing
          - 310mm 6 pot bbk
          - 87 325iC

Front fenders are damage due to rubbing, so rolling them is not an issue., rears are intact and do not want to modify them.

cheers,
          Frank

Comment

I took this pic earlier it's a 225/40 and 205/50 both on a 16x9 wheel

205/50 is slightly larger in circumference than what was found on a 15x7.5 bbs, 205/55/15.

Comment

I am thinking of going for ESM Wheels for my 86 Euro Coupe.. someone here has 2 16x8 ET 20 and 2 16x8 ET 15 for sale , would these work? I am currently using 16x7 wheels with 2 week old 205/50/16 tires and want to know if the ESM wheels will fit and if i can reuse the tires i have.

Comment

I've got a late model e30, I will be running h&r sports or eibach pro springs, the wheel I want to run is a MSR 228, two options
                1. 15x8 et 25 all four wheels with 205/50/15
                2. 15x8 et 25 fronts and 15x9 et 15 rears, tires?

I would like to run something like a 205 50 15 tire, what tire combo would be best for the staggered set up and would any spacers or fender rolling needn to be done? Thanks!

My Project Thread: 86 Cosmosblau ETA Sedan
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273246

Live in WV? Like my page for German auto fans https://www.facebook.com/pages/Germa...98369703569925

Comment

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
                  I took this pic earlier it's a 225/40 and 205/50 both on a 16x9 wheel

205/50 is slightly larger in circumference than what was found on a 15x7.5 bbs, 205/55/15.
                  Uhm, I can live with that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
                    First, let me say thank you for this awesome thread Jay. I can't believe how much you're helping out the e30 community.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. I searched until my eyes burned but I'm still not sure on the answer. I have an 1989 325i. IE3 springs, Bilstein sports. Note: I'm wanting to put 15mm drop hats up front to get the proper rake. Also considering GC coil-overs up front instead.

I'm interested in esm002 wheels. Two options in widths: 17x8.5 or 17x10, two options on offset. ET20 or ET15. My goal is to be flush and have great grip. I'm not a fan of stretched tires myself but I do like a flush, wide look. I'm going to have a euro S50 in soon so I need as much in the rear as I can get within reason. What would you do?

As far as I can tell 17x8.5 et20 with 235/40/17 would fit with some fender rolling. Falken Azenis 615k's come in that size so I'm considering these. Also considering Dunlop Star Specs. If I can get adequate grip without ruining the fenders I'm happy but I wouldn't be against rolling and pulling if need be.

Thanks!
                    Hi i have 17" / 8,5 et20 will 5mm clear my strut up front running D2 coils all round tyres are 205/40/17 thanks for your help

Comment

need some advice and pics of some one running 16x9 +20 at all 4

BBS RS

Comment

can a 1 inch poke work without modifiying rear arches ?,
                        205/50/16 and 16x9 et9 with 20mm adaptor (4 to 5 lug)., coilovers and adjt t/a bushing.

looks like a little too much poke, or is that ok?

Last edited by fporro; 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

looking to fit some 225 for track use. What's a good setup for wheels and profile/diameter for the tires? Currently running on BC Coilovers.

Leo

Comment

I have a late model e30 with a 5 lug swap; z3m rear, e36 m3 front tc kline coilovers. Now the problem is I like the way 16" wheels look better than 17" my problem is clearing the m3 calipers up front. I have very little wheel knowledge especially when it comes to fitment. Ideally I'd like to run some sort of mesh wheel such as hre, hayashi, epsilon or ideally bbs e50s.

My main question, is will any of these wheels clear the calipers up front?
                            Or what do I need to do to get them to fit?

Keep in mind I haven't started looking yet as I have no idea what to look for, and I am not 100% set on any particular wheel. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just got a 318i 1985. Going to throw raceland coils on it(know they aren't that great) Planning to get DR steelies. In the front ,16×8 ET 0 195/40 yokohama S.drives. In the rear 16×10 ET 0 215/40 yokohama S.Drives. Will this setup be fine with just rolling of fenders? Should the rear be 0 or 12 ET? I Don't want to have to run camber. Sorry I don't know alot about fitment. Any recommendations on setup would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Will these fit with adapters?

5x114.3
                                16x7.5 +45 x2
                                16x7.5 +35 x2 bbs rs'
                                will these fit on my 318 with adapters?
                                Not sure what model rs's they are.
                                Would want to be able to run them with a 205 width tire if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X