Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does it take to run 16x10 all around?
    Looking around +0ish offset?

What about 16x9 +0 offset as well?
    Probably a 205/45 or 215/40
    Last edited by BaconLiar; 12-29-2012, 09:19 AM.
    1989 325is
    2012 Ruckus

Comment

i have some 16x7 et 23 after adapters the effective offset will be 3 how will these sit? and whats a good tire size? i can go to 1.5inch adapters will it sit like a 16x8 et0 with those?

Comment

Anyone have any idea the name of this wheel?

88 M3 Diamantschwarz
        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

those look kinda like the breyans that bavauto sells
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
            those look kinda like the breyans that bavauto sells
            This car is being sold now on eBay. Wheels caught my attention.
            Thanks
            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
            56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
            www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Picking up some 15x9 et15's all the way around, this is the stance I have not anywhere near ultra slammed as this car is mainly used for auto-x. Would like a tire that will fill the fender and not have the "stretch look". Will I need fender work as well? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by dvid3k View Post
                I've got a late model e30, I will be running h&r sports or eibach pro springs, the wheel I want to run is a MSR 228, two options
                1. 15x8 et 25 all four wheels with 205/50/15
                2. 15x8 et 25 fronts and 15x9 et 15 rears, tires?

I would like to run something like a 205 50 15 tire, what tire combo would be best for the staggered set up and would any spacers or fender rolling needn to be done? Thanks!
                +1 on for an answer to this!

Comment

I am curious on fitment of 15x7 with an offset of around -3 and -20

Comment

Ok... I guess my day has come.

I am looking at a set of 16s for the 30. rolled fenders and the few sets that i am looking for at this time are 8 wide. What would be a good et for them?

I will also be running some neg camber and all that jazz being the car is stupid low....

As you can tell by my sig i currently have the esm reps that are 15x8 et 10 all the way around. I love the fitment in the rear, but the front could be a little more flush....

Curious as to how this will change with 16s.

Comment

Bought another set of wheels for track/street use.
                      Wheels : SSR Type C's 15x7 +38
                      Suspension H&R Race and Billy Sports with e90 drop hats

What size spacers would you go with for a "decent fitment". Not looking for any hellaflush fitment but looking for something nice too look at more importantly not rub because they will be tracked on as well. Also, 205/55 or 205/50 with this setup?

Thanks in advance.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Spacer Question

A question for the wheel fitment guru:
                        • The car: 1991 M3
                        • Suspension: H&R Sport, Billy Sports, stock camber, stock sways
                        • Rims: E38 Style 5, ET 23, 16x8
                        • Tires: 225/45
                        • Non-rolled fenders

Do you know which are the correct spacers to clear the front caliper rattle clips? I am assuming 5mm.

How about the at the back to bring the rears in line with the fronts? 12mm?

Thanks in Advance!
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by 2l2ltq View Post
                          Ok... I guess my day has come.

I am looking at a set of 16s for the 30. rolled fenders and the few sets that i am looking for at this time are 8 wide. What would be a good et for them?

I will also be running some neg camber and all that jazz being the car is stupid low....

As you can tell by my sig i currently have the esm reps that are 15x8 et 10 all the way around. I love the fitment in the rear, but the front could be a little more flush....

Curious as to how this will change with 16s.
                          Straighten the camber up front.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

We are building a lemons "race" car. ATM we are thinking 16" wheels to help with the cooling. We plan on using Turner 3/4 degree fixed camber plates, w/turner race springs & Bilst. shocks. Stock brakes. What will be the best set up for max rubber on the ground and best overall handling. We look foward to rolling the fenders to the max.

Let me correct that last paragraph... We are on a tight budget. What type of wheel would you run in our situation (tirerack.com or other options >$1,000/6 wheels)?

Thanks,
                            K

ps- phenominal thread. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Why wouldn't you run 15s? There's a ton of cheap wheels and tires in that size.
                              1991 318i SOLD
                              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

I have a question...

I want my e30 to be aggressive for autoX, but driveable on the street - I dont mind roughness.

Car: 88 325is
                                My Suspension: GE coilovers 450/650lb rear - shortened housings on billy IX
                                Wheels: TR Motorsport (Tire Rack Wheels) 15 x 8in

Look I am going for: I want a flush look, and I want the car to sit low (I should have a skidplate in the next few weeks). What spacer do I need for it to be flush with a tire size between 215-245? I dont want anything flashy obviously; just an aggressive, tucked, look with a nice thick tire that will fit in a leightweight 15 x 8 wheel with studs and will perform beautifully.

I am thinking I need a 12mm spacer perhaps and a slight drop using the spring sleeves. I am also hoping to go 235/45 maybe. Does this sound about right?
                                Last edited by graphikg; 01-17-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X