Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at getting 16x9 et 20 wheels. I need to know what tire size to run with a little bit of stretch but not too much. I want to be able to roll the fenders a minimal amount, but be able to get a good flush stance. I'm on JOM coilovers.

Feedback!
    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Mystikal: What is the widest tire you can fit in the back
      on a late model with rolled fenders. Including a perfect offset and what is
      that offset/size in your opinion?

Comment

question is about fitment on an 87 325is

keeping this in mind, I prefer no stretch and i like tires that look meaty. in other words the more tire the better

for 15x8" wheels what is the perfect offset that would require no spacers and no fender rolling with what sized tire?
        Same exact question for a 16x8" wheel. offset, no spacers/rolling and what sized tire..

I'm trying to decide between 15's or 16's considering tire pricing/size, available offset etc
        Last edited by NeedaE30; 07-24-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I have an early model 325is. Right now I'm running billy sports and h&r sports, would there be any issues with 15x8's 15et if I ran 225/50-15s?

Comment

Looking at running 20/25mm adapters for 17x8 RC090's on a late model - Seen a similar setup with 18/23's that looks perfect, would the 2mm front and rear make much difference? Up to what width/aspect ratio could I run? Looking for maximum contact patch, obv

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Hey guys so im looking to install a set of ESM 002r 15x8 et15 rims all around on my 325i 4 door on GC coils. After a ton of reading just wanted to ask if i installed 205/50/r15 tires all around if i should expect rubbing issues? Also can i use stock wheel bolts for these rims or do i need some aftermarket wheel bolts?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey everyone, massive tire fitment noob here. I just picked up a set of 17in style 5's with 235/45/17 tires for a steal. I know the tires won't fit my E30 (1991 318i, stock suspension, pretty much all stock). I am planning on getting some GE coilovers once they get in stock but for now it's at stock height. I was thinking of running some 42 draft design 18mm adapters all around. Would 215/40/17 tires work for this?

Thanks!

Comment

where can i get some 20 mm spacers that will mate a mini cooper wheel to my e30? looking into purchasing 17x7.5 et 48 ac schnitzers and I think the centerbore is 1mm less than the e30.

I have a quote from a machine shop for 35$ a wheel to bore it out to fit the e30 but then i would have to buy 20 mm spacers anyway because of the offset so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone and save some mula.

Comment

Originally posted by ramielman View Post
                    where can i get some 20 mm spacers that will mate a mini cooper wheel to my e30? looking into purchasing 17x7.5 et 48 ac schnitzers and I think the centerbore is 1mm less than the e30.

I have a quote from a machine shop for 35$ a wheel to bore it out to fit the e30 but then i would have to buy 20 mm spacers anyway because of the offset so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone and save some mula.
                    You must live in San diego
                    I'm cooler in person.

Comment

yea, why?

Comment

I've seen those wheels on c-list.
                        I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Ha it was a steal

Comment

Yeah I thought about picking them up several times but I just didn't have anything to put them on. Please post pics when you get them mounted. I think they would look really good on a slammed car.
                            I'm cooler in person.

Comment

i found a set of 14 inch steelies (will be my winter tires) and am wondering what to do for tires. I am wanting to go for a wide meaty look. I'm unsure of the width and offset of these wheels. The tires currently on them are 185/70/14. Also im lowered on 2 in springs all around.

thanks. heres a pic of the wheel.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by PumpdUpKicks; 07-30-2013, 06:06 PM. Reason: picture too big

Comment

Hey guys if I wana run a square set of 8.5 inch salad shooters that have 225/35 on them what size adapters will i need? also what kind of fender work will be required to make them fit with the 225s?

Comment

Working...
                                X