Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
    What recommendations do you have for 16x7.5 (f) and 16x9 (R) Borbet B on a KW V1 coilover suspension? I would like to have some cushion (meat) if possible.

Thank you
    Need offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
      I'm glad I found a place to ask my stupid ass question. I have bottlecaps right now, but I'm looking to buy some BBS's. Went and looked at them today, they fit my car, but the stock lugs I have were too short. If I just buy some longer studs will the rims go on my car with no problems? What exactly are these "lugs" called. Searching for "longer stud" always brings up spacers. Where can I buy what I need?

This is the part I was talking about in case I am confused on what it is called.
      Wheel bolts. M12x1.5, get some with a 30-35mm shank length (threaded section). Stock is 24mm.

Comment

Contemplating some RS reps 16x8 ET20 front and 16x9 ET 25 back . I am thinking 205/50 or 205/45 for the front , but what size at the back to avoid rubbing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Wheel bolts. M12x1.5, get some with a 30-35mm shank length (threaded section). Stock is 24mm.
          Thanks a ton man, I love you!

Comment

245/35 is the ideal size, but 235/40 can work. It'll actually appear less stretched due to the sidewall height.
            Thanks for the reply.

The only 245/35/17 I can find are either old stock or extreme summer and not rated for wet driving conditions. I'll order a pair of 235/40/17 and see how they fit.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Gooneric View Post
              Contemplating some RS reps 16x8 ET20 front and 16x9 ET 25 back . I am thinking 205/50 or 205/45 for the front , but what size at the back to avoid rubbing ?
              You can fit large rear tires with that offset. 225/45, 225/40, 245/35.

Comment

I have 17x8.5 et20 with 215/40. I love the look and I only rubbed a tad (I'm very low) However, the ride is terrible. I'm almost certain it's the stretch. It feels like straight metal to asphalt when I hit ridges in the road. Am I correct in this?

I'm very seriously considering getting 235/40 and just rolling the fenders with a proper tool and adding slim spacers if needed. It needs a respray anyway. I'll gain a little ground clearance (again, super low), more rubber to the road and hopefully a tolerable ride.

It's an 89 4 door. My suspension is IE3's, half cut coil, 15mm drop hats, and no pads all around. Picture for reference.

You're the man!!!!
                Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

hey guys quick question..

1987 325e on JOM coil over kit

just bought these rims 16x8 upfront 16x9 in rear offset = 20

looking to get tires 205/45/16 uprfront and 225/45/16.. do you guys see any issues or sugggestions? any rubbing issues.. or am i good to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_M View Post
                    I have 17x8.5 et20 with 215/40. I love the look and I only rubbed a tad (I'm very low) However, the ride is terrible. I'm almost certain it's the stretch. It feels like straight metal to asphalt when I hit ridges in the road. Am I correct in this?

I'm very seriously considering getting 235/40 and just rolling the fenders with a proper tool and adding slim spacers if needed. It needs a respray anyway. I'll gain a little ground clearance (again, super low), more rubber to the road and hopefully a tolerable ride.

It's an 89 4 door. My suspension is IE3's, half cut coil, 15mm drop hats, and no pads all around. Picture for reference.

You're the man!!!!
                    It's not the tires, you're sitting on the bump stops if you're using stock shocks and cut IE3s. Buy Konis and you'd have a very comfortable ride, regardless of tires.

Comment

Originally posted by vaser21 View Post
                      hey guys quick question..

1987 325e on JOM coil over kit

just bought these rims 16x8 upfront 16x9 in rear offset = 20

looking to get tires 205/45/16 uprfront and 225/45/16.. do you guys see any issues or sugggestions? any rubbing issues.. or am i good to go?
                      Needs a rear fender roll, otherwise that's good to go.

Comment

You can fit large rear tires with that offset. 225/45, 225/40, 245/35.
                        Could i get away with 215/50 .. i already have two of these tyres unused in my garage.

Comment

It's not the tires, you're sitting on the bump stops if you're using stock shocks and cut IE3s. Buy Konis and you'd have a very comfortable ride, regardless of tires.
                          Ok, cool. I'm using bilstein sports and I cut the bumpstops down by about 1.5" so I thought that was ruled out. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the advice!
                          Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Needs a rear fender roll, otherwise that's good to go.
                            Perfect Thank you so much for your input!

Comment

I have a set of DSII's from an e36 M3 that I'd like to try to get on my e30.

17x7.5 et41 front
                              17x8.5 et41 rear

I'll need adapters as I'm not converting to 5 lug. Should I get the thinnest @ 18mm and 20mm?

What would be the optimal tire size if I could make these fit.

My car is lowered pretty low on GC coilovers.

Comment

Then measure your clearance. I don't know what flares you have nor how they were mounted, and that's sort of vital info to give the person advising you on fitment.
                                I wasn't asking a fitment question, I was asking what's a good tire and where to find said tire in a 225/45-16. I know what will fit, but I was having a hard time finding that particular size in anything other then a BFG KDW and a couple of R comps.

No matter, I managed to track down a couple of other options.

For those looking for 225/45-16's and were running into the same option

onlinetires.com had these listed:

I'm going with the FK452's. Always been a fan of Falken tires.
                                Last edited by InNeedOfBoost; 09-20-2013, 10:09 AM.
                                1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Working...
                                X