Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
    Hey guys if I wana run a square set of 8.5 inch salad shooters that have 225/35 on them what size adapters will i need? also what kind of fender work will be required to make them fit with the 225s?
    Anybody????:| I've only ever run 14's so even though I'm not new to low e30's, I kind of am new to getting over sized wheels to fit.

Comment

Will 16x8.5 et40 and 16x10 et22 clear in the front and rear?

Comment

16x9 et15

What spacers would I need?

Comment

I am sure this has been answered many times, but I am looking at Hoosier Autocross tires in P275/35ZR17 on a 9x17 wheel.
          I had originally thought about going with KAMOTOR flares, but he has stopped production. Now I am leaning to my old plan A. I have a set of carbon fiber e30m3 fenders ready to install.
          My concern is these wouldn't provide the needed clearance, especially on the front. The front fenders are from Compitition Concepts (no longer in production)

any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            You'll want 15mm spacers all around. Should just clear without rolling in the rear.
            Perfect, thanks! That's the best bolt length to run with those spacers? I've read 40 and 45mm but I'm not sure which is best. The wheels were filled and re-drilled to 4x100 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
            '16 Volkswagen Golf R | 6-speed | Oryx White Pearl | Titan Black Leather | Tech Package
            '88 BMW 325 | 5-speed | Bronzitbeige Metallic | Natur Sport Leather | M20B25 swap | 3.73 LSD - Gone

Comment

What should I be looking at adapter and tire wise for 17x8 et20 M Systems. Also, what offset is most common for 17x9 M Systems? What would be ideal for those in the rear?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                What should I be looking at adapter and tire wise for 17x8 et20 M Systems. Also, what offset is most common for 17x9 M Systems? What would be ideal for those in the rear?
                Interested in this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                  I'm looking at getting 16x9 et 20 wheels. I need to know what tire size to run with a little bit of stretch but not too much. I want to be able to roll the fenders a minimal amount, but be able to get a good flush stance. I'm on JOM coilovers.
                  Rear only? 215/45s and a very minor roll.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    Mystikal: What is the widest tire you can fit in the back
                    on a late model with rolled fenders. Including a perfect offset and what is
                    that offset/size in your opinion?
                    17x8 +28 245/40. Or very close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
                      question is about fitment on an 87 325is

keeping this in mind, I prefer no stretch and i like tires that look meaty. in other words the more tire the better

for 15x8" wheels what is the perfect offset that would require no spacers and no fender rolling with what sized tire?
                      Same exact question for a 16x8" wheel. offset, no spacers/rolling and what sized tire..

I'm trying to decide between 15's or 16's considering tire pricing/size, available offset etc
                      None. A square-shouldered tire on a 15x8 is at least a 225/50. That won't fit without rolling and a perfect offset.

Comment

Originally posted by mruel29 View Post
                        I have an early model 325is. Right now I'm running billy sports and h&r sports, would there be any issues with 15x8's 15et if I ran 225/50-15s?
                        Yes, it will rub in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
                          Looking at running 20/25mm adapters for 17x8 RC090's on a late model - Seen a similar setup with 18/23's that looks perfect, would the 2mm front and rear make much difference? Up to what width/aspect ratio could I run? Looking for maximum contact patch, obv
                          Like 195/40. That's an overtly aggressive setup.

Comment

Originally posted by maclogos View Post
                            Hey guys so im looking to install a set of ESM 002r 15x8 et15 rims all around on my 325i 4 door on GC coils. After a ton of reading just wanted to ask if i installed 205/50/r15 tires all around if i should expect rubbing issues? Also can i use stock wheel bolts for these rims or do i need some aftermarket wheel bolts?

Thanks in advance.
                            Yup, 205/50s will work. Ask ESM if the wheels requires tuner bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by lucidy View Post
                              Hey everyone, massive tire fitment noob here. I just picked up a set of 17in style 5's with 235/45/17 tires for a steal. I know the tires won't fit my E30 (1991 318i, stock suspension, pretty much all stock). I am planning on getting some GE coilovers once they get in stock but for now it's at stock height. I was thinking of running some 42 draft design 18mm adapters all around. Would 215/40/17 tires work for this?

Thanks!
                              195/40s are pretty much required for that fitment. Very aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ramielman View Post
                                where can i get some 20 mm spacers that will mate a mini cooper wheel to my e30? looking into purchasing 17x7.5 et 48 ac schnitzers and I think the centerbore is 1mm less than the e30.

I have a quote from a machine shop for 35$ a wheel to bore it out to fit the e30 but then i would have to buy 20 mm spacers anyway because of the offset so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone and save some mula.
                                Sick wheels.

I'd personally buy an off the shelf set of bolt-on hub extender spacers made for E30s in 25-30mm and give them to a local machine shop. Removing 1mm from each spacer should only cost you $50-100 total.

Comment

Working...
                                X