Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rear fenders are rolled flat and have a slight pull, tires are not tucked under fender, fender lip is about 1/8" fender gap from tire as shown in pics.

Currently running 17x10 et20 with 245/35/17 tire and one of the tires found a nail and can't be plugged.

The decisions I have to choose from are as follows:

1) buy a pair of 245/35/17 and keep the one good tire as a spare since I have 90% tread left on it, but this tire size is oddball and hard to find.
    2) move to a more common 245/40/17 tire but will the extra sidewall be an issue?
    3) move to a 235 series tire which is much more common, so will a 235/40/17 or 235/45/17 be a better replacement since it will be stretched?

Last edited by MC Hammered; 09-10-2013, 11:24 AM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Looking at a staggered setup 16x8 with +20 offset and 16x9 +20 offset. Would like a bit of stretch, nothing crazy. Recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Well they're wide and have undersized tires, so they will work well in a flush setup.

20mm front spacers, 15mm rears.
        Thanks for the imput. I have another questions about spacers... so if I run a 20mm spacer in the back and the bore of my wheels are 60mm and the bore of the hub is 57.1I have to find a spacer with and OD of 60mm correct? If so I feel that will be very hard to do
        Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
        Cab
        billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
        : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
        88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
          Looking at a staggered setup 16x8 with +20 offset and 16x9 +20 offset. Would like a bit of stretch, nothing crazy. Recommendation?

Im running this exact same setup using 205/50/16. Im lowered on hr oe sports and e90 hats. The stretch isnt bad. I did have rubbing on one side in rear and fender catching in front. Rolled fronts and rears and havent had an issue since. 205/45/16 would probably fit even better but itll look a little more stretched.

Comment

i just got a great deal locally on a staggered set of esm 002r 16x8 and 16x9 (et20 front/et15 rear). now i need help deciding which tires to buy.

i'm lowered with e90 drop hats, h&r sport springs and bilstein sport struts. if possible i'd like to not roll the fenders at all..should i be looking into spacers?

i don't like the stretched look at all, but don't wanna add a crazy amount of weight or compromise handling either.

Comment

^ cut your fenders off. Seriously though you will have to compromise something on that list.

Comment

What recommendations do you have for 16x7.5 (f) and 16x9 (R) Borbet B on a KW V1 coilover suspension? I would like to have some cushion (meat) if possible.

Thank you

Comment

I'm glad I found a place to ask my stupid ass question. I have bottlecaps right now, but I'm looking to buy some BBS's. Went and looked at them today, they fit my car, but the stock lugs I have were too short. If I just buy some longer studs will the rims go on my car with no problems? What exactly are these "lugs" called. Searching for "longer stud" always brings up spacers. Where can I buy what I need?

This is the part I was talking about in case I am confused on what it is called.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                    I'm glad I found a place to ask my stupid ass question. I have bottlecaps right now, but I'm looking to buy some BBS's. Went and looked at them today, they fit my car, but the stock lugs I have were too short. If I just buy some longer studs will the rims go on my car with no problems? What exactly are these "lugs" called. Searching for "longer stud" always brings up spacers. Where can I buy what I need?

This is the part I was talking about in case I am confused on what it is called.

check here:

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
                      ^ cut your fenders off. Seriously though you will have to compromise something on that list.
                      i didn't realize what rolling fenders actually entailed..stupidly thought you had to roll the outside of the metal. i should be able to make them fit comfortably with a nice roll, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                        Should have mentioned the wheels are still 4x100, do I still need spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                          My rear fenders are rolled flat and have a slight pull, tires are not tucked under fender, fender lip is about 1/8" fender gap from tire as shown in pics.

Currently running 17x10 et20 with 245/35/17 tire and one of the tires found a nail and can't be plugged.

The decisions I have to choose from are as follows:

1) buy a pair of 245/35/17 and keep the one good tire as a spare since I have 90% tread left on it, but this tire size is oddball and hard to find.
                          2) move to a more common 245/40/17 tire but will the extra sidewall be an issue?
                          3) move to a 235 series tire which is much more common, so will a 235/40/17 or 235/45/17 be a better replacement since it will be stretched?
                          245/35 is the ideal size, but 235/40 can work. It'll actually appear less stretched due to the sidewall height.

Comment

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
                            Your choice really. Any of the following work: 195/45, 205/45, 215/45, 215/40, 225/40. Go to tyrestretch.com and rimtuck.com for ideas and examples.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
                              Thanks for the imput. I have another questions about spacers... so if I run a 20mm spacer in the back and the bore of my wheels are 60mm and the bore of the hub is 57.1I have to find a spacer with and OD of 60mm correct? If so I feel that will be very hard to do
                              No, you need hubcentric rings that are 57.1/60mm.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                                i just got a great deal locally on a staggered set of esm 002r 16x8 and 16x9 (et20 front/et15 rear). now i need help deciding which tires to buy.

i'm lowered with e90 drop hats, h&r sport springs and bilstein sport struts. if possible i'd like to not roll the fenders at all..should i be looking into spacers?

i don't like the stretched look at all, but don't wanna add a crazy amount of weight or compromise handling either.
                                Stretch is necessary for 16x9 +15s. 205/45 is the least visually stretched size that will work without fender rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X